Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon [** SPOILERS FROM POST 823 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Galvasean wrote: »
    I was hopefull when they came out and said they made big mistakes with the second one and needed to change the tone for the third. Then I saw Shockwave was the villain and some cool looking battle cars. This made me even more hopeful.

...then I saw this. :(

Likely to be Wheeljack, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ironman76

Absolutely HATED the 2nd installment. No desire whatsoever to see this. Enjoyed the first one though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

A little accident on set - seems a cop car decided to take a detour through the set during shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Hahaha, was it a real cop car or a production cop car?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

the whole thing screams "viral video" to me tbh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hahaha, was it a real cop car or a production cop car?
    No supposedly it actually happened - no one's apparently clear why the cop car came down that street:
    http://jalopnik.com/5661321/bumblebee-smashes-cop-car-in-yet-another-transformers-3-accident

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

pixelburp wrote: »
    No supposedly it actually happened - no one's apparently clear why the cop car came down that street:
    http://jalopnik.com/5661321/bumblebee-smashes-cop-car-in-yet-another-transformers-3-accident

I read it was a bomb scare. This is the second big accident on set, after that extra was left in a coma after being hit in the head with a flying cable during a car stunt last month(her family are suing).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

closed set or not a production assistant is gonna get chewed out by a producer for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Step 1: Ignore Michael Bay films, purge memory of Transformers 1+2

Step 2:

Step 3: Success!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1951-Transformers-War-for-Cybertron
    pixelburp wrote: »
    A little accident on set - seems a cop car decided to take a detour through the set during shooting.

DAYUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Galvasean wrote: »

Pfft, Zero Punctuation hates even good games!

War for Cybertron is pretty average gameplay wise (and it is very grey), but it's at least a fairer and more loyal representation of the franchise than the Bay films. I was very much entertained by it, which is more than I can say of the two films!

There was this, though, which I was thoroughly enjoyed until it got really ****ing difficult in the second or third level, and I only had it rented for a few nights :pac:

• Advertisement

I do plan on picking up WFC, when the price goes down a bit.
    Gotta love Yahtzee, its great when he grudgingly admits to liking a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,720 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Story details have emerged for the latest Transformers movie.

A plot synopsis posted on the Amazon product description for a Transformers 3 children's book shed light on Michael Bay's latest robot blockbuster.

The movie, titled Transformers: The Dark Of The Moon, will see the Autobots and Decepticons engaged in a present-day space race.

"In this new movie, the Autobots and Decepticons become involved in a perilous space race between the US and Russia, and once again human Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf) has to come to the aid of his robot friends," the description reads.

Villain Shockwave, who rules the machines' home world Cybertron, will be a new addition to the robot roster.

Good lord,what a load of rubbish,it sounds like complete tripe.
    A perilous space race ,ffs,the Transformers are an intergalactic race,space travel is hardly a new concept.
    Luckily the Autobots have Sam to come to their aid though :mad:

Space race? Space race!?!?!? WFT?!?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

WTF is a space race? Please tell me it's Transformers lingo for something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Ridley

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    WTF is a space race? Please tell me it's Transformers lingo for something?

Well the space race was the rivalry between the US and USSR in getting the first man into space.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Race

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

Ridley wrote: »
    Well the space race was the rivalry between the US and USSR in getting the first man into space.
    Maybe originally, but it was used long after Gagarin's flight to refer to the USA/USSR battle for supremacy in space technology and accomplishments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Ridley

mikhail wrote: »
    Maybe originally, but it was used long after Gagarin's flight to refer to the USA/USSR battle for supremacy in space technology and accomplishments.

Sure, but it's enough to take a stab at what that supposed plot synopsis is. ;)

"In this new movie, the Autobots and Decepticons become involved in a perilous space race between the US and Russia"

*cringe*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Haha
    i had zero expectations for this movie and looks like i was right to

Yeah you guys are right. Because all of the storylines for the Transformers comics and cartoons always sounded very grown up and mature when written down as a brief synopsis, didn't they?

Just chill out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Yeah you guys are right. Because all of the storylines for the Transformers comics and cartoons always sounded very grown up and mature when written down as a brief synopsis, didn't they?

Just chill out.

I dont think you truly understand the depths of film rage a movie like transformers 2 has caused, I don't think anyone can truly comprehend the damage and unspoken psychological trauma produced by this eye-gouging film. Even seen the Phantom Menace? oh just switch your brain off I said.. yeah right.. some guy made a 1 hour 10 minute angry youtube review of that film thats how pissed off he was.

And then there was Indiana Jones... jesus christ..

Transformers 2 was nowhere near as bad as either Phantom Menace or Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls though. Plus both of those were films ruining the legacy of beloved franchises.

As I said in an earlier post, the Bay Transformers films (for all of their flaws) capture the spirit of the franchise that they are based on. They certainly don't rape it as Lucas did with Indy and Star Wars.

I think the second season of Beast Wars spoiled us Transformers fans. Damn it and it's epicness!

Transformers 2 was nowhere near as bad as either Phantom Menace or Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls though. Plus both of those were films ruining the legacy of beloved franchises.

I'd gladly argue that transformers 2 was worse then both phantom menace and kingdom of the crystal skulls. There's a level of technical incompetance in transformers 2 that just dwarves any petty fanboy sulking on any franchise. Say what you will about phantom menace in its acting or atrocious plot, but on a technical level it still looks better today then its own sequels (mostly cause it was the last star wars shot on film and attack of the clones jumped to digital before digital was good enough to replace film.) And as stupid as some parts of indiana jones was...at least it had a strong pace to it.

I'd definately rate RotF way above the Phantom Menace (I really think it's one of the worst high budget sci-fi films ever). Haven't seen Indy 4. Lucky me :)

I'd definately rate RotF way above the Phantom Menace (I really think it's one of the worst high budget sci-fi films ever)

I'm not saying phantom menace is a good film. Its still bloody awful. But I'm in a strange minority that argues that phantom menace is probably of the prequel trilogy the best film of the three.

everything that is wrong with phantom menace both attack of the clones and revenge of the sith commit just as badly, only with them its worse because it hammers home that lucas doesnt learn from mistakes (or doesnt care) and then they both bring in a shopping list of their own mistakes on top of it (god help us the romance dialogue is unbearable on any level.)

Phantom menace is saved much torment in that its the most self contained of the three. It has something resembling a resolution by its climax. Attack of the clones just simply makes no sense in any way and revenge of the sith does nothing to explain away those problems and just adds more on top of them.

Its a bad film. Just nowhere near as bad as its sequels or transformers 2.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Its a bad film. Just nowhere near as bad as its sequels or transformers 2.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. for me RotF beats TPM since it had one realy stand out action scene (the woods fight), wheras TPM none worthy of remembrance.

ahh this is where we will indeed have to agree to disagree cause I think the woods battle in rotf to be pretty medicore at best, badly edited and dull at worse.

I mean between the sudden shift from a tarmac road from an industrial setting beside the river near a city to an old dirt road out in the woods in one cut is initially jarring. But there's this great difficulty in getting a layout of this fight sequence for most of it and while yes its an improvement over the tf1 fight sequences it really only comes into its own near the climax where there is this one long shot following prime as he moves through all 3 decepticons. Pretty medicore aside from good cgi models.

wheras TPM none worthy of remembrance.

while TPM had the only decent lightsaber battle in the entire prequel trilogy. Though the best in the series is still between empire or jedi for their two climax fights (empire was better paced, but jedi just has so much brilliant raw emotion) I will say I am surprised both these sequences have similar set ups (hero dying) so its kinda funny.

I just find its well paced among the other set pieces (something clones will fail miserably to match) and it has the right mix of the flashyness the later movies will overkill and the feel of pressure and weight when people strike that made the original films (and particulary' jedi's lightsaber battle) very powerful:

for comparison

attack of the clones:

See it does look worse then phantom cause its shot on digital, also the complete lack of pressure in the choreographing, not to mention the stupid cringeworthy waving the sabers in the dark sequence which is painful (I stopped after that, cant bare to see the voda crap again.)

and Return of the jedi:

just go to 3:10

The Lightsaber battle in Phantom Menace was the highlight of the prequel trilogy, IMO.

I'd say that it's a far worse film overall than Transformers 2 but maybe I'm judging on a different scale than you are. I have far lower expectations of a Transformers film than I do a Star Wars film. And I say that as a big fan of the Transformers franchise. If they'd turned in a brilliant, dark, character-driven film along the lines of The Dark Knight then frankly I don't think that would have been a Transformers film. Transformers is a franchise about good robots having big fights with bad robots. Lots of explosions, annoying humans and goofy robots. That is what I fell in love with as a kid and for all the gapping plotholes and poor editing that is what kids today are falling in love with today thanks to the Bay movies.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Re the lightsaber battles in Star Wards, the flashy fight scene in TPM does little to add anything to the film, especially when you look at what the saber battles in all of the original trilogy (OT) do. In the OT, the saber scenes are filled with tension, symbolism and emotion. The plot up to those particular points in the movies help to serve the fight scenes as a carthatic release.

In TPM, why dont really ever get to connect with any of the characters involved so it just becomes a fight for the sake of a fight.

I would put TF2 on a par in awfulness with the Star Wars prequels. The film let itself down immensely. It reinforces the notion that without having a connection with the characters onscreen, big flashy fight scenes become redundant and pointless.

And as BK said, the forest fight in TF2 is like a massive out of place jump cut which is too distracting to ignore.

Advertisement