Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'If I Were In Brian Cowens Shoes..' Essay, HELP!

Options
  • 23-03-2010 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Help me! I have to do a 4 page essay with this title for tomorrow but I dont even know where to begin! My teacher mentioned writing about changing the education system,health,army,culture etc.
    I really need help with this, does any of you guys know what I could say?Any ideas? Thanks :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Help me! I have to do a 4 page essay with this title for tomorrow but I dont even know where to begin! My teacher mentioned writing about changing the education system,health,army,culture etc.
    I really need help with this, does any of you guys know what I could say?Any ideas? Thanks :)

Is it a serious essay or a personal response/light hearted type?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ElectricBiscuit

theowen wrote: »
    Is it a serious essay or a personal response/light hearted type?

My teacher said you can stretch the title to suit yourself.
    I know I could do a funny short story but if I get into that I would be writing loads haha
    I plan to just say what I would change , without gettin to technical about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Psychedelia

i suggest you write a funny essay! not necessarily a short story.

a satirical tongue in cheek type essay might be the best.

because if you write a factual one then it would be very easy to get bogged down!

You could say that you'd embezzle money, and flee the country and write about the adventures of your days on the run! before youre caught an return to a country run by the green party! etc etc :P

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Zephyr91

I'll write it for you.

If I were in Brian Cowen's shoes, I would give Mr. Cowen back his shoes and wash my feet ASAP, because, you know...gross!

That has A1 written all over it. 4 pages? Write large.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Probably too late.

Why don't you follow your teacher's thoughts: introduction; education; healthy; armed forces etc.? The thing's practically laid out for you.

You could take it serious and present a 'what if' of how you'd change the country: whether it'd be satirical or serious.

Or you could comment on the previous events that have affected Cowen's life and advance it from there.

Quite a few possibilites. All the best.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭grrrrrrrrrr

Think outside the box!! go nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Zephyr91 wrote: »
    I'll write it for you.

If I were in Brian Cowen's shoes, I would give Mr. Cowen back his shoes and wash my feet ASAP, because, you know...gross!

That has A1 written all over it. 4 pages? Write large.
    You have A1 written all over you! Probably the boyband though ... :p:D

Advertisement