Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Dog

Options
  • 23-03-2010 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭

He's a black collie type dog called Fella.

Been missing for 3 days now.

He's very friendly so could have been taken in by someone.

If you hear or know of anyone who's found him please pm me.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Car2318

Hi

Don't know how much help this is but definitely saw him in the village on Saturday afternoon (lunchtime). He ran from the South Beach through the tunnelled pedestrian access (gave us a fright) and then up into the village and I think back towards the beach.
    Will let you know if we see him again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

I saw a sign up at the school saying a dog was found: 'Short black collie, blind, found in Charlesland on the 18th of March. In Blacklion Pet Hospital. '

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Cheers Rasmus / Car2318

He went missing on Sunday 21st so no joy there :(

If anyone sees him, and he comes to you, please take him in or drop him into Blacklion vets and let us know.

Thanks again :)

He turned up in Ranelagh :)

Followed a long distance runner !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Swanner wrote: »

Might not have been a long distance runner. Maybe it was some poor sod out for a quick jog and ended up running to Ranelagh to evade the crazed dog chasing him :D

Glad he turned up OK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

I'm intrigued as to how you found out the dog followed a runner to Ranelagh!? Glad he's back, that's great.

The runner took him in and called all the vets around Bray and Greystones as that's where he started following her.

Blessed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

Deeeelighted to hear hound was found - had a case of missing dog myself yesterday and was astounded how helpful and kind people can be - out for a walk and let him off the lead near the Three Trouts river for a runaround. He got a scent of something and took off like a bat out of hell. I downed tools and spent three and half hours walking Greystones looking for him, in the rain, (I know) - then, from sheer hunger and thirst had to head home. The old tears were starting at that point anyway so had to head indoors to sob...... but, I met some lovely people in my search, one of whom drove around the area to help look for him, a complete stranger, bless.

He has phone number on his tag and in the afternoon I got a phone call from an elderly couple who had him - with all the rain, he decided he liked the look of their house and trotted in the front gate - he had managed to cover quite a distance. I'm thinking of renaming him Hilts, after the Steve McQueen character in the Great Escape. I came away with dog and, some daffodils from their garden they picked for me to take home :D ..... queue more tears....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

Swanner wrote: »

It must have been a stressful few days but that is hilarious! I mean, Ranelagh of all places! Glad you got him back.

I lost my fellow on paddy's day a few years back. He escaped from our garden in Redford park and was spotted down at the parade by friends of mine, turned up for his dinner at 9pm!:D

Advertisement