Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stadium capacity vs average attendance

• 23-03-2010 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭

After reading a bit about darlington fc recently and seeing as they have such a low average attendence of around ~2000 and a capacity of 25,000, thats roughly 8% of capacity ever week.

I was wondering whats the worst club for average % attendance of capacity?
    Not including stadiums that are used for national teams (and small clubs call it their home but it was primarily built for the national team) or primarily other sports.
    At first I was thinking the U.S. but the worst team was dallas in 2009 with just under 50% with 9,883 average attendance in a 21,193 capacity stadium.
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/stats/attendance?league=usa.1&year=2009&cc=5739

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Queens Park play at Hampden Park. I think it is originally their stadium and I cant imagine them filling it out too much.
    Stadium capacity is 52,000. Average attendance is 750 according to wikipedia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Queens Park play at Hampden Park. I think it is originally their stadium and I cant imagine them filling it out too much.
    Yeah just saw them there, that must be really weird supporting them.
    £2 for a student ticket. Dont think youll get a better price for a stadium that size anway
    The team just above them is has a pretty bad % as well
    Stranraer fc av attendance 528 capacity 52500 4.5%[/B]http://itv.stats.football365.com/dom/SCO/D3/attend.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Woah :eek:

Definitely worth getting to a game next time I'm in Scotland, I think. Hampden Park for £2! The Scottish Football museum and stadium tour too, could be a good day out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Quite an interesting club. Back in the growth of football at the end of the 19th century they were the biggest club in scotland and winning leagues and trophies for fun. When the game started going professional they abstained and remained an amateur side (which they still are) leaving the pro sides of Celtic and Rangers to dominate Scottish football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

About 9% in Tolka, going with an average attendence of 900 this season and a capacity of roughly 10,000. Was over 10% last season afaik.

• Advertisement
Advertisement