Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Receive Payments by Premium SMS

Options
  • 23-03-2010 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm going to be developing a new site selling digital products soon (buy product and it's either emailed or a link emailed). The products will be quite low cost (€3 say).

Does anyone know of or used a service where I can take payment for these products by premium SMS. (Eg. text code 14225 to 57000 to complete payment) . If so, what's the best setup to work it out of... I've thinking about oscommerce as it can do the digital delivery automatically.

The reason I want this option is I'll be selling in Ireland to a youth market (18-25) who mostly have laser cards but not credit cards to Paypal would be restrictive. I've looked at "Realex" as an option but it requires setting up Merchant bank accounts etc which sound very complex for what will be a small operation (initially anyway!).

Any guidance with this is appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

We've used Sremium for this on a couple of client sites and it's worked out well.

Their website is pretty brutal (you have to enter a 'passcode' to view services they offer?! Bit crazy) but give them a call and I'm sure they'll discuss the options with you.

How it works for our sites:
    - we generate a 6-digit code on our site and insert it in the database against the current user
    - the user calls the Sremium number and punches in the code when prompted
    - Sremium send a callback to our site that includes this 6-digit code
    - We check it against the code in our database.
    - If they match, we consider this 'payment received'. Send the user an email with download link or whatever needs doing.

Advertisement