Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Using a UK online broker to buy a car

• 23-03-2010 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

Has anyone used one of these before? They can't supply the car exclusive of VAT so is it possible to pay the Irish VAT and then claim UK VAT back?

www.autofinders.co.uk is the one I have looked at today.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭veetwin

Think I would prefer to source the car myself. These guys while they might be good are in it for the money. That means you will pay more for the car than if you sourced it yourself. There is huge choice in the Uk and I couldn't see any reason why anyone could not find themselves a car that suits their own particular needs. If travelling to the UK is a problem to collect the car note that many dealers will deliver to Holyhead/ Fishguard where you can travel over on the ferry and collect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Yorky

Thanks- so where would you go to source a Mazda 3 apart from a main dealer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭veetwin

New or used? First port of call would be my local Mazda dealer and put a bundle of cash on the table. After that I would ring a dozen other dealers and ask them to better it. Thats assuming you have no trade in and you have researched importing from the UK will be significantly cheaper than buying here. It needs to be as it is a hassle that I suspect may not be worth it for a Mazda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Yorky

Thanks. Why do you think it may not be worth it for a Mazda?

Advertisement