Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New library in Rush

Options
  • 23-03-2010 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,858 ✭✭✭

Hi ,

I was wondering would anyone know of a dat for the opening of the new library and also will their be a wireless hotspot in it for using your laptop for research etc. Do all Fingal libraries have this facility? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

There is no "offical" date as yet which is a shame. Its is fantastic. Will find out about the wireless hotspot. Judging from what I have seen in it I would be suprised if there was not one.

In the mean time lobby every politican there is. After spending €3 million its a shame to see it idel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

No staff unfortunately means no date.

Contrary to what has been reported in some of the local papers, work to rule by public servants has had nothing to do with the library not being open, nor have staff from Swords refused to work there, as someone previously suggested on this forum. The issue is the staff embargo. There are simply not enough staff to open the library as things stand. So please lobby your local TDs on the matter.

As far as I am aware there is no wifi in Rush. We don't have it any of the libraries yet, but hope to get it in the future.

Advertisement