Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted - room to rent

Options
  • 23-03-2010 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭

OK, due to a relationship breakdown, I need a room to rent in Cork, preferably on the North Side - St. Lukes/Dillon's Cross area would be cool. If anyone can help, please message me. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 allaction22

Hi,

We have two rooms free in a five bedroomed house on Gardiners Hill.

There's just two of us there at the moment, one male, one female. Rent €300 per month plus a few quid for ESB and Gas.

PM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

Hi,

We have two rooms free in a five bedroomed house on Gardiners Hill.

There's just two of us there at the moment, one male, one female. Rent €300 per month plus a few quid for ESB and Gas.

PM me if interested.

Where's Gardeners Hill? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 allaction22

Take a right after St Lukes Cross at the bus stop outside Henchys and up the steep hill to the school and the Ashburton pub, thats Gardiners Hill.

Oh, I know it. I'll PM you shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

I live 30 seconds from there! Neighbour high five!

• Advertisement

High 5!! :D But I suppose only if I move there...

colblimp wrote: »
    High 5!! :D But I suppose only if I move there...

Tis a cruel place, be well warned ... ;) Its actually a pretty quiet area generally, druggie element has moved in around these parts of late but nothing unusual about that compared to other areas. Plenty of local amenities, stones throw from town etc. Gardiner's Hill is quieter than St. Lukes or Summer Hill definately, a lot of older people living there or families.

tommy21 wrote: »
    Tis a cruel place, be well warned ... ;) Its actually a pretty quiet area generally, druggie element has moved in around these parts of late but nothing unusual about that compared to other areas. Plenty of local amenities, stones throw from town etc. Gardiner's Hill is quieter than St. Lukes or Summer Hill definately, a lot of older people living there or families.

That all sounds great, apart from the drugs bit. Just how bad is it? I don't want to be kept awake by all-night drug deals and Garda raids going on! I know the area well - I'm Dillon's Cross at the moment but have to move out of my current residence.

colblimp wrote: »
    That all sounds great, apart from the drugs bit. Just how bad is it? I don't want to be kept awake by all-night drug deals and Garda raids going on! I know the area well - I'm Dillon's Cross at the moment but have to move out of my current residence.

Well I am 30 seconds from St. Lukes. I've found in the last 3-4 years the area has gotten rougher generally at night (but where hasn't). There has been an influx of druggies, mainly coming from Dublin to set up shop in Cork or to follow their habit as crackdown in Dublin ongoing (again where has not had this problem). I know of one house dealing on Summer Hill North and fairly sure there is another house dealing in Montenotte near the Montenotte hotel but don't worry there aren't pitched battles in the street or anything! They seem to keep to themselves, you'd be more wary of the local yobs coming up from town on a Fri or Sat night. Don't let it put you off, these problems are common to most any city area and unavoidable and chances are you'll never cross their path. Your biggest problem will be damage to cars - had my wing mirror broken 3 times in 18 months. (before I was in an accident in St. Lukes cross that totalled the car and not my fault :() The third time I walked out of the house and 9-10 cars had been done at Christmas. Garda I talked to said they'd had a massive amount of complaints and they were reviewing CCTV footage, no problem since. This was on Summer Hill though, Gardiner's Hill is quieter as far as I know.

I've painted quiet a grim picture maybe but think of the benefits - closer to town, mostly nice people around, local amenities, they are finally in the process of taking those blasted traffic lights down that have caused 4 accidents I am aware of since being introduced, and you get out of a sticky situation into new digs!

Well I don't own a car so no problems there! :D I nearly got run over at those traffic lights one day - a stupid bitch went through when they were red and she and her boyfriend had the cheek to have a go at me! :mad:

I thought it would be quiet up there, I'll see what Allaction says when he/she PM's me back - like you say, it would be a good new start.

• Advertisement

*Bump*

Can anyone help, or does anyone know someone that can help? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

angela walsh properties?
    tbh daft or the echo would be you're best try

I get a lot of people advertising places to rent via my email account at work, would be up around Western Road, College Road etc. though. Could forward you on the odd one that looks suitable?

tommy21 wrote: »
    I get a lot of people advertising places to rent via my email account at work, would be up around Western Road, College Road etc. though. Could forward you on the odd one that looks suitable?

Hmmm, I'd prefer somewhere on the Northside, if I'm honest. After saying that, if you see anything that might suit, it would be great if you could forward it. Obviously, because I'm an old git, the house would have to be student-free - I like the quiet life! Thanks!!! :D

*Bump*

I'm still looking for a room folks - help!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Seems a strange place to look, unless you want to have boardsie roommates for some reason :)

Have you tried daft?

Currently 5 places in dillons cross here

Advertisement