Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wing Chun kung fu

Options
  • 23-03-2010 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey guys
    i just moved to dublin and im looking for somebody living close to my area that partakes in the martial art of wing chun and has some experience in the hobby. would be great if you had some idea about chi sau (double sticky hands) also. im looking for a training partner.
    I've got 18 months experience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Michael O Leary

XmaniastyX wrote: »
    Hey guys
    i just moved to dublin and im looking for somebody living close to my area that partakes in the martial art of wing chun and has some experience in the hobby. would be great if you had some idea about chi sau (double sticky hands) also. im looking for a training partner.
    I've got 18 months experience.

Hi,

My name is Michael and I teach Wing Tsun in Blanchardstown. I respect the fact that you have done Wing Chun for 18 months and are looking for a training partner. However in my opinion if you want to progress then the best thing to do is to join a school either with myself or another Wing Tsun/Chun school.

I have been doing Wing Tsun for nearly 18 years and have found an important part of getting better is having someone to correct me constantly. Teaching is not just telling someone how to do something but observing and correcting their mistakes and a teacher is better placed to do that than a training partner.

My suggestion is to join a school and then you have a pool of potential training partners. Anyway best of luck with whatever you choose to do.

Regards,

Michael

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 JabbazHut

Hi XmaniastyX,

My name is Massimo and I have just opened a WingTsun Traditional School in Dublin City Center. I am giving classes on Thursday, Friday and Saturday in city center ( D2 ) and in Clonskeagh on Tuesday.

You can find more about us at wingtsun.webs.ie

You are welcome to join for (free ) first class so we can find out what your level is , what you are looking for and if you like our way to train Wingtsun.

Bye

Massimo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 candy gordo

hi massimo where are you classes and how do i join??

Hi Candy Gordo,

on Saturday morning at 11h a.m classes are in Heytesbury street 15 ( near Harcourt Luas Station )

Tuesday and Thursday classes start at 7 p.m and finish 9 p.m. Classes are in Synge street at the Primary school ( near Harcourt Luas Station as well ). Car park is free.

ps: as this summer most students were on holidays, some week we finished at 8h ( 5 students and less ). So I would advise to call me before coming if you can.085 773 2056 - wingtsundublin@gmail.com - wingtsun.webs.com

Bye
    Massimo

Ps: - the induction class is free , so you can come whenever you want. Thanks for calling me before coming.

Bye

Massimo

• Advertisement
Advertisement