Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Killeen gets Defence

• 23-03-2010 5:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭

Looks like the Banner has a Minister once again :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

The ClareFM website news writers will have to make a big effort to try to spell his name correctly now!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Congrats to the man.

Now Mr Kileen the region needs a voice and you are a senior government minister so stand up for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

Now we have a Minister of Defence who previously made representations to the Department of Justice in on behalf of murderers & paedophiles. He also made representations on behalf of an IRA Bomber who was caught carrying a 1300lb bomb over the border.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/revealed-killeen-in-ira-bomb-man-plea-121392.html

What a great man we have in the Department of Defence, but back to parish pump politics, its a great day for Co. Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Insulting_Bitch

Wonder if the seat will be even warm before another general election.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Now we have a Minister of Defence who previously made representations to the Department of Justice in on behalf of murderers & paedophiles. He also made representations on behalf of an IRA Bomber who was caught carrying a 1300lb bomb over the border.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/revealed-killeen-in-ira-bomb-man-plea-121392.html

What a great man we have in the Department of Defence, but back to parish pump politics, its a great day for Co. Clare.
    Great man for the old constituency work alright...:rolleyes:
    http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/killeen-made-appeals-to-help-nine-prisoners-121313.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭firesidechat

Where was he when Aer lingus pulled out of the Heathrow route?
    When Gamma broke all national pay agreements while constructing the ennis by-pass?
    Does he even know that 24 hour A&E services are not available in ennis anymore?
    I would love to get excited when someone from clare gets promoted
    but sadly i feel Tony has not earned his.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

Where was he when Aer lingus pulled out of the Heathrow route?
    When Gamma broke all national pay agreements while constructing the ennis by-pass?
    Does he even know that 24 hour A&E services are not available in ennis anymore?
    I would love to get excited when someone from clare gets promoted
    but sadly i feel Tony has not earned his.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Balagan wrote: »
    The ClareFM website news writers will have to make a big effort to try to spell his name correctly now!
    :D Copy and paste into word before a spellcheck is truly beyond them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Congrats to the man.

Now Mr Kileen the region needs a voice and you are a senior government minister so stand up for us.

The way he stood up for us shoulder to shoulder alongside Timmy Dooley and Willy O'Dea to defend the region when Aer Lingus axed the Heathrow flight?
    He, like all the others are now part of the FF "everything must go to Dublin" brigade.
    Don't expect anything from him, his political allegiance to FF Dublin has to come before any regional interest.
    That also goes for the Ennis A&E. The ghost town that is Shannon Industrial Estate.
    The Airlines that are running screaming from Shannon.
    The trainline that doesn't connect up to the Airport (an oddity only to be found in Ireland in all of Europe)
    The only good things are the Ennis bypass and the Limerick to Galway trainline, however these will just end up being the most efficient means to bypass this empty shell of a county or get out of it as fast as possible.
    In short, I don't believe that any of the local politicians have put the interest of the county before their self interest and now that they are getting a bigger bite of the cake, they certainly won't jeopardise their position in the Boys Club to try and stand up for their home turf.
    Let's hope I'm wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

I wouldn't include the ennis - galway rail line yet. I mean, it costs almost €18 to go from ennis to galway. Who is really going to use it?

Advertisement