Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to start believing?

Options
  • 23-03-2010 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭

i said to myself if we beat stoke away then i would stick my neck out and say we will get 4th. Does anyone else feel that its all coming together for us now?

when you look at it we deserve it really. have we been out of the top 4 all season? maybe for a week or so but not much.

Hudd and bentley are back in training and if they dont make fulham they will be back for pompey, defoe will be back for the sunderland game and there are talks of lennon being back week after that (if no more breakdowns)

have we done enough with 4 wins in our last 4 to make it? will we be playing champions league football at the lane next season?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I simply can't start believing just yet. We have been very good of late - 4 wins on the trot, hopefully 5 after Pompey on Saturday. On their own those results aren't enough though.

Having said that, we're going about it the right way. We have a very large injury list, including 3 guaranteed starters, and it hasn't affected results. If we get all 3 back for the difficult run-in, who knows? Get the win on Saturday and focus on the Sunderland game, a game which I wouldn't have believed we could win without the result against Stoke, and we could be in pretty good shape, despite the following 3 games.

Hopefully Everton can do us a favour tomorrow night against City too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

well its defo good for us that they are all tipping the other teams to get 4th. the examiner had us finishing 7th in their predictions last week. guys on sky all say villa or city or city and pool

only fella i have heard tip us is ronnie whelan. meanwhile we continue to win nice and quietly

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

A bit like arsenal going for the title isn't it?

There will be at least 2 if not 3 twists to these last games. I said it already but it basically comes down to bottle, IMO it's not the three big games in April it's going to be beating all the other teams ie sunderland and Portsmouth. If we can take city and maybe get 4 points out of the big 3 I think we will be in with a big chance.

I hope I'm right but I think city are going to bottle it and it will be a dogfight between us and villa. I think maybe Liverpool because it would be just like them to run out the season and win everygame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Always thought it would come down to the last day at Burnley. Still feel the same.
    Might come down to goal difference in the end.
    It's all very exciting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Should wilson lads have picked up a card against blackburn and missed stoke (which he did anyway) and the fa cup game rather than walk a tightrope for the crunch games coming up. What do people think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Always thought it would come down to the last day at Burnley. Still feel the same.
    Might come down to goal difference in the end.
    It's all very exciting.

agree. those 9 goals against Wigan could turn out to be the difference yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

BERBA wrote: »
    Should wilson lads have picked up a card against blackburn and missed stoke (which he did anyway) and the fa cup game rather than walk a tightrope for the crunch games coming up. What do people think?

Do the yellow cards get wiped off in April? Think i heard something bout that but it could be rubbish! I honestly believe we can get something off the goons and chelski, just have a feeling, if we had four points from these too games, go to old trafford and scrap like demons for at least a point and we could be on our way
    Portsmouth and sunderland just as vital tho, pick up 6 points from these two and we still half a bit of cushion when we play the big boys. Tottenham have a potentially massive role to play in where the title goes. Beats this time last year doesnt it?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We'll lose to Utd at Old Trafford. On their current form, thats pretty much certain. We need at least 2 points from the Chelsea/Aresnal games, and we need to win every other game we have left. If we drop even 2 points against the likes of Sunderland, Bolton, and Burnley, then we are gonna lose it i think.

Also, the City game is probably more important game we have left this season. That 6 pointer could well decide who gets 4th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

rumours abound this morning and wilson is out for 2-4 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Haven't heard anything about that but his yellows are wiped on april 10th/11th if he doesn't pick up another one we can do it 4 points from april's games and it could come down to city match.
    The ESPN commentator tipped us yesterday to get it but to be honest I think it's better we fly under the radar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Yeah why not? We just won 4 games on the trot with a host of injuries. We have a difficult run in but if we can win those games against Pompey & Sunderland the pressure will be on the chasing pack. I think we can get something out of the home games V Chelski and A***nal. I would love to see us winning at OT ( we have played well there before but just cannot seem to get the result- and thank you Howard Webb for last season) but history is against us. If we can stay involved until the last week of the season we have a great chance with games against Bolton and Burnley and the big one against Man City.
    We our injured stars returning we have the squad to challenge.
    COYS!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

think april will still decide where we finish.
    what a tough run of games n so late in the season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 The Lilywhite

Haven't heard anything about that but his yellows are wiped on april 10th/11th if he doesn't pick up another one we can do it 4 points from april's games and it could come down to city match.
    The ESPN commentator tipped us yesterday to get it but to be honest I think it's better we fly under the radar
    My heart says we can do it but my head says we'll screw it up we're Spurs but as The Journey song goes 'Don't Stop Believing' COYS

Advertisement