Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scratch& Scrape paint Repairs - Cork location

• 23-03-2010 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hello All,
    Myself and the missus have a few scratches on our cars of ranging width, length, and depth. Can anyone recommend a good person/ company who would know how to correctly fill/ repair same in the Cork Area (preferably Carrigtohill/ Cobh/ Midleton/ or ork City location).

Both cars are relatively new (07 & 08) BMWs so need a near-perfect repair job so as not to make the matter worse. Wouldn't normally bother with repairs but the scratches are just enough to be offputting.

- The worst is a typical key-ing along one side of the car across three panels.
    - Then I scuffed the bumber of mine so cluster white-ish scrapes (thanks to combo of black ice and RWD)

Scared of what main Dealer might say/quote....

Thanks in Advance,
    Brian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

PaintDoctor on here does that sort of thing, could be worth a PM.

If it's a bodyshop job though Williams Auotbodies in Midleton are excellent and pretty reasonable too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Also might be an idea to post a thread in the Cork Forum. :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=478

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

EPM wrote: »
    PaintDoctor on here does that sort of thing, could be worth a PM.

If it's a bodyshop job though Williams Auotbodies in Midleton are excellent and pretty reasonable too

No one will turn away work but remember you don't have a couple of old fiestas on your hands. Make sure that whoever takes on the work must know that there's no point subsituting a bad scratch with a bad repair.

Williams are excellent and Mike Hallahan in Cloyne too. Either will get the job done right. No more, no less.

Post pics if ya like

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

If you're looking to save a few pound, get some Autosmart R2. Rub this stuff on over scratches, wait for it to dry and then rub it off. This concoction has little grains of grit. The won't scratch your car, but they'll massage the scratch enough to make it unnoticeable!
    It applied incorrectly, it may leave a dull patch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Hello All,
    Myself and the missus have a few scratches on our cars of ranging width, length, and depth. Can anyone recommend a good person/ company who would know how to correctly fill/ repair same in the Cork Area (preferably Carrigtohill/ Cobh/ Midleton/ or ork City location).

Both cars are relatively new (07 & 08) BMWs so need a near-perfect repair job so as not to make the matter worse. Wouldn't normally bother with repairs but the scratches are just enough to be offputting.

- The worst is a typical key-ing along one side of the car across three panels.
    - Then I scuffed the bumber of mine so cluster white-ish scrapes (thanks to combo of black ice and RWD)

Scared of what main Dealer might say/quote....

Thanks in Advance,
    Brian
    Here you go >> Chipmaster International
    Ring them and ask for Kevin or Maurice.
    Tell them Eugene sent you ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Got your PM, but just heading out the door now. Will reply to you later and let you know what's do-able.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Rain_Dog_Brian

Thanks all for replies. Have PMed PaintDoctor and in discussions about what can be done. Will look into the other recommendations also. Thanks again. I'll do before & after photos if i can so as to help any future viewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Rain_Dog_Brian

Must plug Williams Cars here. Brought the car around (the keyed one).
    Whilst he said he couldnt fix the key scratch fully without a full door redo (which would be expensive), he said he'd have a go at minimising it for free!!

Took it for an hour and I can hardly see the scratch now. And certainly not a botch job. Don't know exactly what he did but you'd have to search to see scratch now.

Very nice guy and great job.
    I gave him a few bob anyway by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Glad you got sorted out Brian!

Advertisement