If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AV Reciever Query

Options
  • 23-03-2010 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi John
    I was talking to Brian in shop after reserving Onkyo 307 silver,I bailed out as I wasnt sure what I actually needed or what I actually meant to buy apologies!.
    Sorry to you and Brian!

So here I go again. I have €300 to spend on a system I know not a lot but do-able I hope.
    My only concern is following:
    I have a multi-media drive that has HDMI,
    and I also have Sony BD S360.
    They both connect into my Sammy 40" -LE40B53 by HDMI at moment,Would these work plugged into the amp by HDMI,and sound plugged in from both sources to amp with optical leads.Would this lead to any sync issues video/to voice etc.
    Thanks in advance
    Snow .

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

A05snow wrote: »
    Hi John
    I was talking to Brian in shop after reserving Onkyo 307 silver,I bailed out as I wasnt sure what I actually needed or what I actually meant to buy apologies!.
    Sorry to you and Brian!

So here I go again. I have €300 to spend on a system I know not a lot but do-able I hope.
    My only concern is following:
    I have a multi-media drive that has HDMI,
    and I also have Sony BD S360.
    They both connect into my Sammy 40" -LE40B53 by HDMI at moment,Would these work plugged into the amp by HDMI,and sound plugged in from both sources to amp with optical leads.Would this lead to any sync issues video/to voice etc.
    Thanks in advance
    Snow .

Snow,

pretty much ANY receiver we stock will have at least 2 HDMI & Optical inputs in so you won't have any issues!

If you do get lip sync issues most receivers have the facility to adjust the lip sync - the 307 has these facilities so you are away - if there are any other receivers you are interested in - just pop us a post and we will check them out for you.

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 42 A05snow

Hi John
    Thanks for your reply,and patience! with me.
    I will be in touch with lads tomorrow,I will call number you gave me .

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.