Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dublin film festival back catalogue?

Options
  • 23-03-2010 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

does anyone know where to search a back catalogue of films shown in the dublin film festivals in the '80s?

i'm trying to remember a danish film that i saw at either the 1985 or 1986 dublin film festival.

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭kuro_man

Babette's Feast?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭personguy

hi thanks, no it wasn't babette's feast. i'm struggling to remember any details from the film, but i'm sure i'd recognise the title if i saw/heard it.

i've already gone onto IMDb and searched danish feature films made between 1970 and 1987. part of the trouble there is that the titles are given in danish. it's easy to translate the page then into english, but often enough the "also known as (english)" title is quite different from the direct translation.

i thought there must be a way of finding out what films showed for each film festival.

no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 MissBecksy

We have all of the old DIFF programmes in the IFI Library :)
    I flicked through 1985 and 1986 for you and no Danish films were screened, are you sure it was Danish/that it was in 85 or 86?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Can anybody have a look at the old Dublin film festival brochures in the IFI library?
    I'd love to browse through them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 MissBecksy

Decuc500 wrote: »
    Can anybody have a look at the old Dublin film festival brochures in the IFI library?

You sure can! Opening hours are here: http://www.irishfilm.ie/archive/index_07b.asp?PageID=87, no need to book and appointment or anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭personguy

Decuc500 wrote: »
    MissBecksy wrote: »
    You sure can! Opening hours are here: http://www.irishfilm.ie/archive/index_07b.asp?PageID=87, no need to book and appointment or anything.

thank you so much! i'll call in soon to check it out. thanks for coming through for me! :D

Advertisement