Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hairdressers in kilkenny

Options
  • 23-03-2010 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

hi, i would like to get highlights and i don't want to be 'robbed' which essentially happens with hairdressers despite the fact that we are in a recession - hairdressors are still charging a fortune!! ive been looking at a few prices around kilkenny and all are around 100euro - individuals want to charge €25 for a blow dry! which i could do myself. before christmas i went to rustic near the garda station and was charged €120 ok i was happy but felt robbed. peter mark are still charging a fortune even giving 20% discount. i dont mind paying about 75 euro max but anything over is ridiculous....does anyone else feel the same about hairdressors? i notice beauticians are advertising great deals currently but hair salons are still expensive............id appreciate if anyone can recommend a reasonably priced hairdressor in killkenny....... thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

I went to Nigel on Kieran Street at christmas €42 for an all over colour. I know someone who went to Kieran O Gormans and got highlights and said she'd blow dry it herself. Know what you mean no special offers and I personally have been waiting longer between visits.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

there's a hairdressers in the gym in hotel kilkenny. they do a full head of highlights and a cut for €80.00 on a tuesday and wednesday and a colour and cut for 60. and i think all blowdrys are 15 euros. could give them a try i suppose

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I'm never going to complain about having to pay €15 for a haircut in Longs again.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭countryliving

hi, thanks for the hotel kk salon prices. will try there. i rang nigels and they wanted to charge me 83euro for half a head and a cut!!! and that place near dunnes stores haircourt wanted to charge 100 for a whole head of highlights. i was in dublin today passed by david marshall's salon giving a special offer of 85 euro full head of hightlights and a cut blow dry. how come kk hair salons are charging dublin prices!!! and kk is saturated by hair salons....
    captain havoc - yes you are lucky!! 15euro is great and actually the lads in the gym were saying they get a cut for 10euro - no idea where that is but consider yourself lucky!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

captain havoc - yes you are lucky!! 15euro is great and actually the lads in the gym were saying they get a cut for 10euro - no idea where that is but consider yourself lucky!!

Your one in Parnell St. is about €10 and good but the girls in Longs are cuter ;)

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭patrickk

i'm gonna open up head shop shaving heads for 2 euro a pop lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭miss_daisy

hey, i was just thinking the same thing myself as i passes a salon in limerick the other day and they had their price list in window - was full head was €80 for short hair and €90 for long!

OP will you let us know if you get the highlights in Hotel KK salon what theyre like?

Advertisement