Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train the trainer courses - which is best?

Options
  • 23-03-2010 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I'm looking to do the fetac level 6 train the trainer course. There are lots of options however ranging from €650 to €950

Are all these places selling the exact same thing? Is the qualification valued the same regardless?

Any advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

If you are willing to wait a few weeks you can do the course through Fas

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Mature / Non-Traditional Students

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

Miaireland wrote: »

Would appreciate a link or further information on this - thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

I too am interested in doing this course, will it be offered by FAS? Does anyone have any additional details?

Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 IslandFella

Miaireland wrote: »

FAS doesn't run this course themselves. Instead you have to 'buy' it off external vendors. Kind of a farce if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Some of the colleges of further education in Dublin ran it last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mozie76

eric_elle wrote: »
    I'm looking to do the fetac level 6 train the trainer course. There are lots of options however ranging from €650 to €950

Are all these places selling the exact same thing? Is the qualification valued the same regardless?

Any advice appreciated
    Hi,

I have done the course with the college of progressive education and I have to say it was very well taught. I think it's important to pick a TTT course that is not run over 5 days straight. There is alot to absorb and what I liked about it was that they give you a 2 week break in between so you are not overburdened with work. I was extremely prepared after doing the course and am now doing training in an area I love. Many companies are doing this and are just out to make a quick buck and they fly though the course. I was really happy with Progressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

mozie76 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have done the course with the college of progressive education and I have to say it was very well taught. I think it's important to pick a TTT course that is not run over 5 days straight. There is alot to absorb and what I liked about it was that they give you a 2 week break in between so you are not overburdened with work. I was extremely prepared after doing the course and am now doing training in an area I love. Many companies are doing this and are just out to make a quick buck and they fly though the course. I was really happy with Progressive.

This sounds so good it could nearly be an advertisement :rolleyes:

Domscard wrote: »
    This sounds so good it could nearly be an advertisement :rolleyes:

Ditto

I did this through the Back to Education Scheme - discovered what they were teaching on the TTT course very few of the other tutors in the college put into operation in their own teaching methods. Good course - but I wish some tutors would 'teach' instead of 'tell', if you know what I mean. Having said that, I did have a couple of great tutors too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 username_

Hi there,

Looking at doing a TTT Course at the Management Training Institute of Ireland Just wondering if anyone has done the course with these guys or other courses and how you would rate them.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭thecelt

am currently about to do the foundation diploma in training and education via NUIG,
    its 2 x 2 day work shops,
    they do it in regional centers to accommodate people,
    I have heard good things about it!

Just thought i wud throw it out there as an option!
    You get a reduction in fees if unemployed.

http://www.nuigalway.ie/openlearningcentre/courses/foundationnew.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12 username_

Cheers for that will check it out !!

Advertisement