Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Camera Club

• 23-03-2010 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

So I'm heading off into town tonight to have a look at this camera club thing I hear people talking about.

Anyone here part of it, or going to be there tonight?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Any more info?

I'm supposed to be heading into Dub to meet a guy about a camera, if I'd known about this club I might have arranged to go earlier and give it a go. Entry fee? How often do they meet up? where exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭WheresMyCamera?

Any more info?

I'm supposed to be heading into Dub to meet a guy about a camera, if I'd known about this club I might have arranged to go earlier and give it a go. Entry fee? How often do they meet up? where exactly?

http://www.dublincameraclub.ie/dublincameraclub.ie/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=98&Itemid=111

They say just pop along and see what they're about. Tuesday nights. Free in. Then €90 a year if you wanna join. I've never been to one before so thought I'd just head along tonight to see what the craic is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

this is their website: DCC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

So I'm heading off into town tonight to have a look at this camera club thing I hear people talking about.

Anyone here part of it, or going to be there tonight?

quite a few people are actually including one of the mods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

There's quite a few here are members- me, Thonda, Buzzlightyear, xia, sinisterdexter, cabansail... I know phil (buzzlightyear) will be in tonight but not sure about anyone else. I can't - too busy, and Thonda's away..

It's good fun most nights. I think it's a wildlife photographer tonight? Bear in mind though that the meeting itself is really only a small part of it - the pub bit afterwards I tend to enjoy more anyway (not because of the alcohol, but because of the general camera banter), and there are two decent darkrooms and a good studio. Oh and the documentary group :) And all sorts of meet ups.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

You are more than welcome to come along tonight. I was President of DCC until a few weeks ago.

We do have a Wildlife Photographer tonight. Meeting starts at 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭WheresMyCamera?

Thanks for the info everyone. Gonna head along now. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Have fun, thanks for the info.

WOn't make it tonight, not even sure this guy will turn up later as he's not gotten back to me yet. If he had I might have left early to make this. Might head up some other tues. Do they break for the summer like the one down here?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

We don't break for summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

You met me on the stairs!

Welcome & enjoy!

• Advertisement
Advertisement