Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam results question

Options
  • 23-03-2010 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭

I got my results from the January exams a while back. I passed three of my four courses but in the final one I got a 36 and the following was written beside it:
    Decision Deferred to Progression and Award Board

Can someone tell me what that means and what should I expect?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I would follow it up in the exams office, as far as I am aware it means you may haved passed by compensation but that depends on the decision from the progression and award board.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Well, I'm on Erasmus in Spain at the mo. Should I email my course head instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Might be worth the try. If it was a 5 credit module and you scored over 48 in something else you should be grand as long as you pass everything in semester 2 you shouldnt have to repeat anything although your course head should be able to tell you more and of course they probably have the last word so dont take me for gospel.

Advertisement