Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How d I remove my mobile number from Directory Enquiries?

Options
  • 23-03-2010 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Ive recently just found out that somehow my mobile number is listed on 11811/11890... etc. All somebody needs to do is call up and ask for my number using my name and they have it! They dont even need to know my address! Im pretty annoyed, as I know for certain I would never sign anything to allow for my number to be listed publicly like this! However, I called directory enquiries myself and they told me I need to contact my network provider (Meteor) to ask them to instruct directories to remove the listing. So I called Metoer and they told me they never sent an instruction to directory enquiries to list my number! Now, heres where it gets a little more complex.... the thing is, I have my mobile number about 11 years and I was originally a Vodafone customer.. so Meteor told me to contact Vodafone - which I did! I got some response when I called them and said Im not a customer but I used to be before I left and went to meteor!! The agent basically shut off.... She told me she would get someone to call me back about this and Im still waiting for the call months later.

Does anyone know how I can get my number removed ? Is there any standards process I can go threough as opposed to calling up all these nameless faces over and over again?

:confused:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It is a Meteor problem, tell them to flag it not listed and then if you ring DQ and it is still listed you may take Meteor straight to the Data Protection Commissioner.

Updates are supposed to be INSTANT because the DQ providers all read off a single database in real time.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭miss_daisy

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    It is a Meteor problem, tell them to flag it not listed and then if you ring DQ and it is still listed you may take Meteor straight to the Data Protection Commissioner.

Updates are supposed to be INSTANT because the DQ providers all read off a single database in real time.

Cool, Ill give meteor a call now and Ill let you know what happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭miss_daisy

miss_daisy wrote: »
    Cool, Ill give meteor a call now and Ill let you know what happens!

Called them there and they said they will pass my request to have my mobile number removed onto the administration dept who will action the request? When I ashed what the turnaround time was, the agent could not give me timescale, however he did say that he would ask the administration team to call me when they have actioned the request... so only time will tell!!:o

Advertisement