Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why Order Fast Food Online

Options
  • 23-03-2010 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

I live in Dundrum and ordered a takeaway using www.EatCity.ie last night.(Mega Chicken Kebab) The delivery guy told me the EatCity order prints directly through their cash register. Sounds weird but was very quick, Anyone know is this possible, is this how it works.(Hungry Now):pac:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I used just-eat.ie before and it was a disaster. It was a huge order, for my birthday. When my brother arrived to collect it, the restaurant had never gotten their order. Turned out just-eat.ie cancelled my order without telling me, for no apparent reason. They claimed they'd emailed me, but I never got any such email (and yes, I checked my junk mail). I'd even gotten a confirmation number.

Would never use an online facility like that again tbh. It's a disaster when it goes wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 jimmytwomey

Just looked at jus-teat, seems like a different company. I was worried about online order for that precise reason. I ordered from Silvios chipper in nutgrove, only first time but seemed promt. Eatcity.ie logo looks like a cross between shamrock and a mouse!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Faith wrote: »
    I used just-eat.ie before and it was a disaster. It was a huge order, for my birthday.
    Sorry to hear that one. I ordered once online, can't even remember where but I had to leave a phone number and presumed I would get a text or email, got nothing and ended up ringing 20-30mins later to make make sure they got it. They did get it but defeated the purpose! I would sooner ring and be sure someone was there to take it, if a PC is down you have no idea. I rarely order in as I am usually out on my bike and prefer to get it right there on the spot.

A chinese place near me is registered with www.feedme.ie dunno if they are any use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

i've used it approx 8 times and no hassel at all, its great when u have no cash as u can pay online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Use just-eat religiously to order from the local chinese as they rarely answer their phone and for an Indian place in Smithfield. Only ever had one problem with a mixed up order. Even had one of the girls from just-eat ring me and let me know they were having problems contacting the take away and they were only gonna try one more time before giving up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Firehen

I've used feedme.ie with a few different places and its always been on time and correct. Certainly better than the Domino's online ordering, which refused to accept my address existed and would often kindly ignore what toppings I had selected and replace them with mushrooms. Yummy.

I have tried a few of these online ordering now. I was in a friends in Dalkey and we ordered from the Borza there on www.Borza.ie. I think they are linked in to www.EatCity.ie as it comes up when you are checking out. Borza good. Can't beat Silvios Southern Fried Chicken Kebab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I never even knew there was a borza in dublin,how long has it been there? Think the first was in Sligo..

Borza all over Dublin. Not sure if first was in Sligo. This one is in Dalkey. They have the www.borza.ie domain!

Advertisement