Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Greencard Through Diversity Lotto

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Re-draw results should hopefully be out tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭little lady

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Re-draw results should hopefully be out tomorrow :)

Depends on the results of the pending injunction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Depends on the results of the pending injunction.
    Really? :mad:

Really? :mad:

Yep, an injuction has been filed to stop the releasing of the results tomorrow until the case of the original 22,000 has been heard. Have been waiting since Tuesday for the judgement. Hopefully it will be today some time!

Oh dear, I hadn't heard about that. Oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Yep, an injuction has been filed to stop the releasing of the results tomorrow until the case of the original 22,000 has been heard. Have been waiting since Tuesday for the judgement. Hopefully it will be today some time!

Any links for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

So ridicolous, I feel sorry for the people who were told they had interviews but they have no grounds for complaint

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    Any links for this?

You can have a look at these links, the first one is a blog set up by the lawyer taking the case and the second is a facebook site of people who have been effected.

http://blog.visarefusal.com/

http://www.facebook.com/#!/dv2012

The injunction was denied therfore the results should of the redraw should be out tomorrow as planned.

Best of luck to all. :-)

Still not available... :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭BornIn84

im still waiting too :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 rismak7

Thankfully that injunction was denied and we can get on with the lottery! I'm still waiting to know if I'm lucky enough to be selected as well.

Although they did say on or about June 15th so I'm not entirely surprised the results haven't been released yet. I wouldn't be surprised if they waited until next week to release the new set of results. Just to make sure they have them right this time after the court case and all the mess created after they voided the first set of results.

ye i thought that too...i should probably stop refreshing the page :D

According to the State Department in this WSJ article the resutls are due out today!!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304203304576446470939517508.html#articleTabs%3Darticle

Wish they would hurry up!!!

Results are due in about an hour and 15 mins!!!

http://www.facebook.com/travelgov

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 rismak7

^^^You beat me to it Little Lady, just found that out a few moments ago. Who's getting excited now? :D

like 2% scared 98% excited....well maybe its like 2% excited 98% scared...but thats what makes it so intense!

rismak7 wrote: »
    Who's getting excited now? :D

Nah. There's really no point in getting excited as the chance of winning is so unlikely.

thats very true but i still have to hold a hope that ill get it. ive been trying to get in since 2006...i know i'd have a better life there and i miss my family and friends from there ! it frustrates me that my aunt can't sponsor me

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

No joy for me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Jager Man

I guess lightning doesn't strike twice! Got it in May but ain't got it no more :(

Besta luck to the rest of ya.

unsuccessful. just gonna put all the my effort into finding another way in...
    with a company perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Calico101

Disappointment again. Oh well....

Well done and good luck to all those who were successful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Ian C

No joy... will try again next year I guess! Doing it through my company takes several years from what I'm told, so was just trying to take a shortcut :D

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭trobbin

Hi people, I got selected in the dv lotto today i have tried so many times and i was so happy, however i did not do my leaving cert as i left school young after some hard family times, I did go on and serve my time as a plumber and i have my trade cert but the forms i was reading said my job does not qualify as it is in job zone 3 and i need job zone 4, my trade cert is fetac level 6 and the leaving cert is fetac level 4

can anybody help me with this or do i just not qualify, when i applied it said leaving cert or two work experience in a job that requires atleast two years of training, as i done four years of training i thought i was good but it seems to be different

Please any help on away around this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭rosiec

has anybody else tried to check the site and find nothing but a page of squiggles? Has the site crashed?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

no luck for me, sigh. and i actually kinda had a feeling i might be lucky this time!

Jager Man -that SUCKS. i would be distraught if that happened to me. was hoping one way or another they would let you guys keep it.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

Not selected!

Jager Man wrote: »
    I guess lightning doesn't strike twice! Got it in May but ain't got it no more :(

Besta luck to the rest of ya.

Me neither. Totally sucks after being selected in May :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

usa-2.gif

Can someone please confirm this is genuine before i spend over 500e...

Sorry I'm paranoid about scams!

Advertisement