Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Greencard Through Diversity Lotto

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

woop woop, applied this morning, fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Ronchi

Skud wrote: »
    Just checked my photo online and think it fails the requirements, potentially in 2/3 ways. Will the photo cause my application to be unsuccessful or could it be resubmitted at the interview stage if selected?

The photo is basically EVERYTHING! if your photo is not 100% matched to the requirements ur app is disqualified and you will never be notified. Make sure it is 2inch by 2inch scaled propperley..600-600px when submitted and that it is still in high quallity focus with no background shadows.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

The panic over mine now, I see a bit of a background shadow. I am hoping it is not considered too much of a shadow. I don't think it is any worse than some people who posted on here had so I am hopeful. Fingers crossed. Also the fact that it is such a long wait from applying to finding out at all kills me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Site now says:

DV-2013 entrants should keep their confirmation number as it is possible that more entries may be selected on October 22, 2012 at noon (EDT).

So it looks like the date has been pushed back, if they are going to draw more.

Anyone have any luck with this?

wHATs going on with the offical application website . everytime i fill out the first page app and click continue it goes to website is not available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭MrTsSnickers

When a parent is applying, do you need photos of the child(ren) too? Or if the parent is successful does that qualify the children too? Does the application ask for kids names, dob etc?

i just noticed u can see 1 of my ears more than the other in pic i wonder if that a problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

When a parent is applying, do you need photos of the child(ren) too? Or if the parent is successful does that qualify the children too? Does the application ask for kids names, dob etc?

Yes, you need photos of everyone on the application. Yes, its asks for the details of everyone on the application.
    Ronchi wrote: »
    i just noticed u can see 1 of my ears more than the other in pic i wonder if that a problem

Hiya Ronchi, do you want to post a blurred face edit of your pic and Ill tell you what I think?

Hiya Ronchi, do you want to post a blurred face edit of your pic and Ill tell you what I think?[/QUOTE]

yea here it is ..it looks like was taken a bit to side but was from front =/ and i mean dam its hard to get both your ears showing..mine done stick out at all so hard..u can see the other alot more but the other shows to a bit passport2.jpg

I think its fine. No one is perfectly symmetrical. You could have an ear that sticks out a bit more on one side ;)

I wouldnt look at that pic and think it was taken too much to the side.

• Advertisement

I think its fine. No one is perfectly symmetrical. You could have an ear that sticks out a bit more on one side ;)

I wouldnt look at that pic and think it was taken too much to the side.

haha ya. well it does show alot more than the other so i dunno :P..i was about to click the final send on the app when someone pointed it out so i might get it checked one more time before i do it =/ i notice on the sample photos they have, that the women have their ears covered for the correct one half the time so i dont get it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

I remember them in the 80s. If everyone got one of those lottery visas that applied the entire country would have left.

haha ya. well it does show alot more than the other so i dunno :P..i was about to click the final send on the app when someone pointed it out so i might get it checked one more time before i do it =/ i notice on the sample photos they have, that the women have their ears covered for the correct one half the time so i dont get it really.

My same ear sticks out a bit more, really like, not just in the photo!

Yeah I noticed that too. If the rules are THAT stringent then I honestly dont know how anyones application gets through.

Just to update i got confirmation back from the people who check and they said that is not a correct photo ...said not facing straight ugh. and my ears arnt both visible..my goddd these fkrs are a joke...someone cld have a very wonky ear and they take it as wrong or something..be careful guys and learn from my mistakes . lucky have not sent it yet

Just to update i got confirmation back from the people who check and they said that is not a correct photo ...said not facing straight ugh. and my ears arnt both visible..my goddd these fkrs are a joke...be careful guys and learn from my mistakes . lucky have not sent it yet

Christ almighty. My application is bound to have failed. I never got the pic checked.

Christ almighty. My application is bound to have failed. I never got the pic checked.

nah dont worry to much they prob just want money to fix it for me the fkrs..ur ears looked ore equally visible than mine..my head does look lil tilted in the full pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Tazzer

Yes, you need photos of everyone on the application. Yes, its asks for the details of everyone on the application.

Hi All, going to apply tonight (just got my photo done)..

Do you need to include a photo of your spouse as well then? Or just yourself...

**sorry, just noticed there that you do:
    It is very important that you submit all required photographs. Your entry will be disqualified if you do not submit all the required photographs. Recent photographs of the following people must be submitted electronically with the E-DV entry form:
     You
     Your spouse

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭yew_tree

Just applied there this morning - pretty easy. Got my photo taken in that photo shop on Grafton Street yesterday and got the image put on a disc for 20E - It is probably worth it to avoid worrying about if it is valid.

Good luck to all applying

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Dcuguy89

Anyone know how many (approx) apply for this? How many visa are given to Irish people?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭hoggy87

Dcuguy89 wrote: »
    Anyone know how many (approx) apply for this? How many visa are given to Irish people?
    From Wikipedia:

Winning chances per year, per legitimate entry, DV-2012

Europe: 1.63%

So, if my maths are correct, it's about a 1/60 chance for Europeans?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Dcuguy89

hoggy87 wrote: »
    From Wikipedia:

Winning chances per year, per legitimate entry, DV-2012

Europe: 1.63%

So, if my maths are correct, it's about a 1/60 chance for Europeans?

GREAT

g1337436914921846786.jpg

I heard one year like 2million got disqaulified for errors in picture =/ so ya odds can improve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

There's a photo validator on the official site, not sure why anyone would want to send photos to a third party?

Application submitted, and now we wait. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Minevah

When do they stop taking applications Irish time? Is it sometime Saturday evening?

athtrasna wrote: »
    There's a photo validator on the officia
    l site, not sure why anyone would want to send photos to a third party?

Application submitted, and now we wait. Fingers crossed!

Photo validator only makes sure it is 600x600 and does not point out all the other requirements

Minevah wrote: »
    When do they stop taking applications Irish time? Is it sometime Saturday evening?

November 5th i think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

November 5th i think
    No, it's November 3rd. Deadline is 12pm EDT, so 4pm here.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

I already submitted my application with the photo.

Am I too late to get it checked out for a 3rd party?

If not, who do I get it checked by?

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

superfrank wrote: »
    I already submitted my application with the photo.

Am I too late to get it checked out for a 3rd party?

If not, who do I get it checked by?

Thanks in advance!
    Once it's been submitted it's too late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Anyone else having huge problems logging onto the site? I've been trying for the last three days and cant get it to load up, probably the huge amount of traffic! This is the correct site, isnt it? www.dvlottery.state.gov

Advertisement