Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Greencard Through Diversity Lotto

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭OU812

To everyone expecting results today. Best of luck to you all.

Very jealous I didn't apply last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Lock Knife

Don't want to check my results just yet, want to keep living the dream a bit longer :D

What are the odds, last years was something like 200 places out of 13,000?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Hazys wrote: »

I presume a decent amount of people lost their confirmation number so even if they won the lottery, their place is wasted.

This happened to me last year. I was sick. Found it in December when moving house.
    Hazys wrote: »
    How is there no second round of places after the initial round of people turned it down or just never logged in to check their status?

100,000 offers are made for 50,000 places to make sure they make the total.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

is the 50,000 places the world or european allotment for the year? cos i know the irish are up against the rest of europe in our section of the lottery

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Ronchi

WASHINGTON: Around 100,000 people will be chosen from several million hopefuls to get a US Green Card on Wednesday, in what could be the last year of the annual lottery, slated to vanish under proposed reforms. Now, they have included a plan to scrap it in the comprehensive immigration reform plan currently being debated in Congress.

A final vote on the reforms is not expected before this summer, but if it passes, the diversity visas would vanish from next year.

Not that this year's crop of hopefuls knew, when they applied, that this might be their last chance.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/nri/visa-and-immigration/us-green-card-lottery-to-name-2014-winners-slated-to-vanish-under-proposed-reforms/articleshow/19821772.cms

wow suck for people who wanted to apply this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

I very much doubt the immigration reform will go through in it's current form. My guess is the lottery will stay, at least for several more years. The sibling category of family visas may vanish though.

Damn I hope so silja. Otherwise I have to get divorced & me & the missus have to marry our mates out there !!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the Electronic Diversity Visa program at this time

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

8-10 wrote: »
    :(

same :(

same :( always chance can still be selected later on...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

Looks like i wasn't successful :( - I know that the chances of getting it were low, but still, i got my hopes up about it months ago, and i shouldn't have.. i was making my plans already... :(

Oh well, I will have to try again in October, or whenever it opens again..

OP had mentioned he was applying for ages, im not sure if he mentioned how many years he had to enter, before he was selected?.. I know it is completely random though.

It makes me wonder, though, as it said on my application "Based on the information provided, applicant HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED " does that mean, the info i provided in the original application, was not sufficient..

I wonder if anyone else on here, got in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

No luck for me.

Applying for the green card through work but it'll take around 4 years to get it...i was hoping for a quicker resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Lock Knife

No dice here either. Was convinced I was going to get it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

No luck here either :(

Still my hubby to check later (not expecting anything).

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

No joy. Every year I get excited, every year I get disappointed.

engrish? wrote: »
    No joy. Every year I get excited, every year I get disappointed.

:( - How many years have you been applying for?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭WhatYaSay

Another :( to add to the list.

Had completely forgotten it was today until I wrote down the date at work, spent the whole day living in hope then, absolutely gutted.

Best of luck to anyone that has yet to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭BornIn84

negative from me too lads. this must be my 5th year and still no joy. oh well.

Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the Electronic Diversity Visa program at this time.

Please verify that you have entered all information correctly. You may re-check the Entry status by clicking on the ESC Home Page link below.

is this a common reply for rejection. or does it mean u ****ed up app

Ronchi wrote: »
    same :( always chance can still be selected later on...

I didn't know that. Will they contact you if you get another chance? Cos you are hardly likely to keep logging on once they have said pfo? Gonna go check now. Not optimistic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Nope not here :(

hdowney wrote: »
    I didn't know that. Will they contact you if you get another chance? Cos you are hardly likely to keep logging on once they have said pfo? Gonna go check now. Not optimistic

says keep it till june 2014 and that additional entries may be selected in october 2013

Nada :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

when you get your green card you have to visit america every 6 months,if your illegal in america don't apply,when you go for interview they give you 10 year ban,
    when you go for citizenship after 5 years a big folder comes out,I don't know were they get the info,you need to get recertified in most jobs here,health costs will kill you as will housing
    costs,wages have stagnated in the last 10 years,school costs will kill you,pick where you live well as lots of places have no jobs,stick with east coast or west coasth

Ronchi wrote: »
    says keep it till june 2014 and that additional entries may be selected in october 2013

This has given me "Some light at the end of the tunnel" though im sure it's no cause for celebration.. where did you hear this?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the Electronic Diversity Visa program at this time.

..is the standard reply for unsuccessful applicants.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭akaspike

3rd time applying for this and no Joy, hopefully next year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

It's a bust for me too. It's my fifth year in a row. I'll apply again in October if the lottery survives.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Corrimbla

My fourth year and still :(

• Advertisement

This is not making me hopeful at all for next year :(

Advertisement