Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Greencard Through Diversity Lotto

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Best of luck everyone. I got mine on only my second application, so keep those heads up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

Best of luck to everyone that has entered the lottery.
    I was selected in last years lottery and completed my interview with the Embassy in Dublin 2 weeks ago and received my 6 month 'green card' last week.

Did they say when you have to move over? How come it is onky7 a six month visa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

cena wrote: »
    Did they say when you have to move over? How come it is onky7 a six month visa

You have 6 months to use the visa, then you get the greencard upon immigrating.

I'll be gone to next week. I can stay with the family. There be no waiting around

• Registered Users Posts: 29 minaeire

silja wrote: »
    You have 6 months to use the visa, then you get the greencard upon immigrating.

when you do the interview, they will post out your passport with the 6 month visa
    When you enter the US on this visa they will stamp the visa on your passport, and then it is valid for 1 year

in that 1 year you will have the green card posted to the US address you give

I completed all of this in July 2013

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 AnnaBooBoo

This is great information I really wanted a lowdown of what to expect once you do get it. You said you were living there legally already? What did you mean by that? How were you living there legally but had no greencard until you won the lottery?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

AnnaBooBoo wrote: »
    How were you living there legally but had no greencard until you won the lottery?

Student or work visa, for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

When do we hear back again about the recent applications? Is it May?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

It's May as far as I know.

Great thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Only three months until we find out our fate on DV2015. Does anyone have any news as to whether DV2016 is going ahead?

Well results are out this Thursday at 12pm EDT if i remember correctly. Good luck to anyone waiting.. Second year trying but not holding out much for one. Still waiting to get my POE so will hopefully be in Canada either way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭OU812

Good luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 36 hiddenirish

Thanks for the well wishes guys! Here's hoping I'm successful in the drawing phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

Just to check, where/how do we find out our current status/whether we have been selected?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭OU812

^ you have to log on & enter your registration number

Watch Vard get it :) ... lol

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭BornIn84

7th time lucky! good luck all!

BornIn84 wrote: »
    7th time lucky! good luck all!

Your 7 years trying?

Yes Cena, no joke.

• Advertisement

Yes Cena, no joke.

Cool. What part of the states did move to.

no i mean i'm hoping i'll get it 7th time. in order to move to NY

no i mean i'm hoping i'll get it 7th time. in order to move to NY

Oh sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 hiddenirish

MarkJD wrote: »

Haha low blow but still funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Mrs. ET

Good Luck for tomorrow for anyone that's applied.. I'm not holding out much hope but you know what they say... If you're not in you cant win :)

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Monkey09

Here's hoping! Would love some good news next Thursday.

Does anyone know when exactly the draw is actually made?

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

MarkJD wrote: »

and why shouldn't I? I had been using the site as required and it said it was unable to find my details, so I was worried in case I was missing something. Unless my details will only be registered/confirmed from tomorrow?

Either way... here's hoping.

It was a joke... But given it came across that you didnt know how to check if you had even won :) Good luck. Only 7 more hours to go? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 minaeire

best of luck everyone...anyone need any advise just let me know. 2013 winner

• Advertisement

Congrats.. Presume you are living over there now or did you just activate and then return home?

Does the website be at a standstill or does it load fairly ok?

Advertisement