Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Greencard Through Diversity Lotto

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

No joy either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

2nd time, no joy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

no joy here either.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭WhatYaSay

Zero success here. :( Best of luck to those still to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Mrs. ET

Trying to check but it keeps telling me "Session Timed Out" I'm not expecting much as I know I probably wont get it but im nervous...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

I'll wait till tomorrow. It may not be as busy.

Myself and my mother would love to be winners really want move over to the family

Just managed to get in... My entry has not been selected :( ... sucks... good luck to anyone else who still has to check and heres hoping whoever does get it is someone who genuinely wants to go and didn't just enter "for the craic"

• Registered Users Posts: 36 hiddenirish

Unfortunately no luck for me, there is always next year I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

To anyone who keeps getting the session timed out message, are u trying on a mobile device? I kept getting that any time I checked on my phone or iPad but it worked straight away on my laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Another no here. Got the Canada one though so not too bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 minaeire

Congrats! -- was 2013 the first time you applied?

got it in my second year....wife won it.
    I applied for both of us..better chance if you are married

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Bouileb

no luck either - Canada it is so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 American Pie

6th or maybe 7th time applying, but no luck this year either. I know now that if I ever do get it I'll probably end up in a situation where I won't be able to take it up. Ah well. Good luck to to everyone else who applied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

20th time, still no luck. (College grad with 10yrs+ PQE, multiple certifications, in A1 condition)...

Still have faith the US will be able to recapture the world's largest economy when China takes the century long title later this year.
    'Purely based on free market dynamics and innovation'. SF would be the place to be, fairly chilled out, sunny, dry.

Interestingly, there was total of circa 150 made available for Ireland (north+south).

Conspiracy theorists would probably enjoy casting an eye over the issued visas stats.
    From the 55k total, think about over 4k went to Ukraine, and 4k went to Iran. Where as Eire only got 0.27% of the total.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Sorry if this has been asked already guys but I didnt see it when I skinned through the posts. If you 'win' the lottery whats the situation with timeframes? I have 2 years of college left then probably 1 more for a masters then saving time. Could I start applying for the next lottery and say I somehow was very lucky could I hold off on the application process for the few years?

Much appreciated

Doylers wrote: »
    Could I start applying for the next lottery and say I somehow was very lucky could I hold off on the application process for the few years?

Very much doubt it. So if you apply around Nov'14, they'll notify around May'15. So if selected & called down to the embassy for the preliminary chit-chat and you told them to hold the door open a few years, likely-hood is you'd be blacklisted as a time-waster.

correction on earlier stats. Last year Ukraine actually got 6,009! issued (only surpassed by the err Congo). Chances are you might see a few of them on the TV right about now fending off the ruskies.

Ire S = 175 Ire N=37 {212}

source

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

No luck for myself or my mother

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

Joe Doe wrote: »
    Ire S = 175 Ire N=37 {[B 212[/B]}

source

thanks for sharing these stats, 175 for ROI, do we know roughly, or if there is an actual printed figure somewhere, on the amount of people from ROI applied for those 175 visas?

if there is an actual printed figure somewhere, on the amount of people from ROI applied for those 175 visas?

That was be privileged info I'd imagine, guess would be circa 15,000 but with the aul economica could maybe prefix that number with a 1 or 2. Overall there are 'millions of applicants' globally for those 55,000 lucky green badges.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

Joe Doe wrote: »
    That was be privileged info I'd imagine, guess would be circa 15,000 but with the aul economica could maybe prefix that number with a 1 or 2. Overall there are 'millions of applicants' globally for those 55,000 lucky green badges.

Yeah, but 175 is allocated to Ireland, no matter what, so the odds are better (in a sense!) that we are not competing globally for the 55k, instead rather, we compete locally for the 175.. still, 15k applications vs 175 visas.. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Doylers wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked already guys but I didnt see it when I skinned through the posts. If you 'win' the lottery whats the situation with timeframes? I have 2 years of college left then probably 1 more for a masters then saving time. Could I start applying for the next lottery and say I somehow was very lucky could I hold off on the application process for the few years?

Much appreciated

No. If you get selected, you have to actually move to the US and establish your permanent residency there within the specified time frame. You can not postpone it, or get it deferred.

if 15,000 apply in ROI for those 175
    you'd maybe have (roughly) a 1.166666666666667% chance of winning each year,
    which means after about 85.71433469390554 earth years (give or take a bit) you should have 'great success!'
    Oh and maybe add on the prefix of 16/18earth years to that so thinking round'bout as you turn the century 'great success, with high most certainty, a win win!'

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭akaspike

No Luck here -

@akaspike, if this 'email' contains any link including 'masked and image links' chances are it's a 'data miner' from lovely scammers with primary intentions of identity theft.

The other links such as email (mailto) and call center numbers etc may all be genuine, but links to any website that isn't https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/‎ will be improper.

Chances of a state.gov making a database error affecting 55 million applicants that required having to email them all are slim, very slim indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭akaspike

The only clickable link was the email, done a quick google search and it appears that it's a common scam. (so i've edited my previous post)
    Oh well, maybe next year.

Hey, just wondering if anyone else is after getting an email about rechecking your account if you checked on the first of May as their was technical problems and the wrong results were given out for some people....

• Registered Users Posts: 36 hiddenirish

Mrs. ET wrote: »
    Hey, just wondering if anyone else is after getting an email about rechecking your account if you checked on the first of May as their was technical problems and the wrong results were given out for some people....

It's a scam, buddy. You can recheck if you want for peace of mind, but that email wasn't official.

I had a feeling it was.. just wanted to put it out here to be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

It's a bit annoying/concerning that they managed to get email addresses all the same. It's a breach of data privacy is it not?

• Advertisement

"This e-mail is addressed to any Diversity Visa 2015 (DV-2015) entrant who attempted to log into the Entrant Status Check (ESC) website on May 1, 2014. For a brief period on May 1, the ESC website experienced a technical problem. As a result, some people who logged into the site to check the status of their applications were shown the wrong information. If you logged into the ESC website on May 1 and saw a notice of selection that did not include your name, or if you saw a notice that you were not selected, you must re-check your status to find out whether or not you were selected.

You must see a notice that is addressed to you by name as proof of selection to process further in the DV-2015 program. We regret any confusion this technical problem may have caused.

Please note that the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) will not send you unsolicited e-mail that includes your confirmation number or that asks you to provide any personal information. You must log into the ESC website to check your status. If you have further questions about the ESC website or the content of this e-mail, you may contact KCC by e-mail at KCCDV @ state.gov. The KCC telephone number is 606-526-7500 (7:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. EST)."
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________

That is the email that I received i just copied and pasted it over. It came from the address that is stated at the end and went into my inbox and not my spam... I had to space out the email address as it wouldnt allow me to post it as an email link

Advertisement