Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Greencard Through Diversity Lotto

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 hiddenirish

Wexford96 wrote: »
    Hi there.
    Just wondering if anyone has been interviewed for DV2015 at USA Embassy Dublin?
    Thnks.

The draw hasn't happened yet, it happens around May.

EDIT: I misread the question because I'm a dunderhead and confused the 2015/2016 draws. Sorry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

The draw hasn't happened yet, it happens around May.
    The DV-2016 draw does.

The DV-2016 draw does.

Yeah sorry that was my mistake entirely. Thanks for the correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Wexford96

I'm selected for DV2015, but with a very high Case Number. Might not even make it to interview but will be ready in any case.

I'm selected for DV2015, but with a very high Case Number. Might not even make it to interview but will be ready in any case.

Best of luck. Make sure your finances are in order though.

• Advertisement

Best of luck. Make sure your finances are in order though.

Thanks.
    I've heard so may differing reports re. finances. A friend was interviewed recently and was not asked anything about finances or to produce bank statements etc. That wasn't in Dublin though.
    If I make it to interview, I'll bring along bank statements showing a gradual accumulation of money as explained by some previous posters here.

Thanks.
    I've heard so may differing reports re. finances. A friend was interviewed recently and was not asked anything about finances or to produce bank statements etc. That wasn't in Dublin though.
    If I make it to interview, I'll bring along bank statements showing a gradual accumulation of money as explained by some previous posters here.

The common trend that most winners tell, is that you need to be above the poverty line to get the visa. Many years ago, when it was easier to get over, you only needed to match a certain cap, kind of like how Australia works now. I've heard of people getting rejected due to lack of funds, but no idea how much they had before going in.

For what its worth, the poverty line was around $12000/€10500 in 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭doctorg

Do Irish Citizens who weren't born in Ireland qualify?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Roughly how high is your Case Number, 35k to 40k or above 40k?

Last year the maximum EU CN that became current was about 40000.

I have read that this year it may go well above 40k but this has since been revised down to below 38k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

doctorg wrote: »
    Do Irish Citizens who weren't born in Ireland qualify?

Check the (official) state.gov website, think 'country of birth' is the essential eligibility criteria, the North is included however anyone born in Britain (the island of) isn't.

• Advertisement

Roughly how high is your Case Number, 35k to 40k or above 40k?

Last year the maximum EU CN that became current was about 40000.

I have read that this year it may go well above 40k but this has since been revised down to below 38k.

Hi. My CN is over 40k.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭zielarz

They're doing interviews in an order, based on the number you're assigned which is something between 1 and over 40k. Because there is a limited number of visas issued each year they don't guarantee that you'll be interviewed. This may happen to people with high case number like over 40k.

I was on 37k and got interviewed in August. Be patient and check the official bulletin, each month they publish the case numbers being interviewed.

zielarz wrote: »
    They're doing interviews in an order, based on the number you're assigned which is something between 1 and over 40k. Because there is a limited number of visas issued each year they don't guarantee that you'll be interviewed. This may happen to people with high case number like over 40k.

I was on 37k and got interviewed in August. Be patient and check the official bulletin, each month they publish the case numbers being interviewed.

Hi.
    So were you successful in getting the GC? Have you moved to the USA?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭zielarz

Yes, we're moving next month.

zielarz wrote: »
    Yes, we're moving next month.

Good for you. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Yer Aul One

Good for you. Best of luck

Yes, best of luck
    *bites lip in jealous rage*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Hi. My CN is over 40k.
    The Case Numbers for April 2015 were just released, EU = 28,450.

This is well ahead of the April 2014 EU figure of 25,400. The max figure for that year was 40,150 so maybe 2015 is on course to go above 40k.

Obviously the closer to 40k you are the better your chances are now.

Check out this blog if you haven't already http://britsimonsays.com/. He seems to really know his stuff.

The Case Numbers for April 2015 were just released, EU = 28,450.

This is well ahead of the April 2014 EU figure of 25,400. The max figure for that year was 40,150 so maybe 2015 is on course to go above 40k.

That's interesting. I didn't know the numbers were going up.

That was a good jump for this month in Europe. Progress has been quite solid for last 3-4 months and if the pace stays like this I will make it.

• Advertisement

Didn't it used to be a grand total of 55,000 globally available?
    Imagine maybe a 5-10% surplus on top of this as contingency factor.

Joe Doe wrote: »
    Didn't it used to be a grand total of 55,000 globally available?
    Imagine maybe a 5-10% surplus on top of this as contingency factor.

I think it might have been only 50K annually.

50k 'twas, interesting info from here:
    For the DV-2015 lottery there were only 157 winners from the Republic of Ireland, while 41 came from Northern Ireland. There were more than 9.3 million qualified entries.

186/1 odds or roughly a 0.5376344086021505 % positive chance by the looks of it...
    I'lls takes me chances.

Joe Doe wrote: »
    50k 'twas, interesting info from here:

186/1 odds or roughly a 0.5376344086021505 % positive chance by the looks of it...
    I'lls takes me chances.

Very interesting. How many years are you applying now?

Well over 10yrs, so just another 176 earth years or so to go (for a level of high certainty).

Seems to be proportionately better odds for the S applicants 157:41 {x3.82 more visas}
    whereas it has only x2.55* more people than N. *4.6m:1.8m

1/43,902 NI
    1/29,299 ROI

Obviously not everyone across this fair island would make an application though.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Casualcontrol1

Hey all I hope someone can advise. I don't know a lot about the greencard lottery but know it's the only way to residency in the us. Can someone advise when or how often can you apply? Is there specific dates for an application? Also from looking at the website I am confused, there's all these options as a married couple and asylum etc but I am unmarried and don't have a degree can I still apply? All help appreciated thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

Isn't it today the results are out

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

cena wrote: »
    Isn't it today the results are out

It is! - Goodluck!! - 12PM EDT (5pm irish time) http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/ -- my third time applying.. oooooooh please god!!

• Advertisement

Advertisement