Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VW Bora Miles Per Tank

• 23-03-2010 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm currently sitting at 672 miles and I hope to get it over 700 miles tomorrow before I fill it up again.
    My Bora is a 1.9 TDI 130bhp.
    Many miles per tank you all getting from your bora?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

How many litres does the tank hold?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,548 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

How many litres does the tank hold?

55 litres.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭markmcg

Yeah its 55 litres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭GTE

Very close to 700 was my best during the summer in my mark 4 Golf. 57 mpg I think

I have the same generation engine as you do, just its 90hp :p
    Old school diesels for the win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

240 miles on a good week :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

You seem to be averaging 55+mpg or there abouts! impressive:D

Hi,
    As I was driving this morning the please refuel light came on at 689.9 miles and went off again. many miles would it roughly last me? will the light come on again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

Just because the tank capacity is 55 litres does not mean you are draining it between top-ups.
    I never understand the miles(km)/tank thing as it is meaningless, it's the miles(km) per fill that determines one's fuel consumption.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

The caddy will do about 500 miles to a tank, I don't bother checking what the 5 will do...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭VeVeX

tossy wrote: »
    240 miles on a good week :D

15mpg ? Your either driving on WOT 24/7 or you've got a leak :D

• Advertisement

VeVeX wrote: »
    15mpg ? Your either driving on WOT 24/7 or you've got a leak :D

What is WOT? I certainly don't have a leak.Its a 62L tank with an 8L reserve,240/250 miles to the red light is about average.

Oh and its not a TDI,i'm very jealous of the TDI boys economy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭GTE

Gophur wrote: »
    Just because the tank capacity is 55 litres does not mean you are draining it between top-ups.
    I never understand the miles(km)/tank thing as it is meaningless, it's the miles(km) per fill that determines one's fuel consumption.

I get you. What I do is I fill up to the max I can, to a point that I can see in the pipe then fill back up again a few weeks later and take note of the litres used. I had 57 mpg consistently over the Summer, down to 50ish with the cold and its climbing again.

That is the only true way to work out your consumption alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

"I have an old Jetta, 1.6 straight dayshel... filled her up back in 1992, she's done around 4 million miles and there's shtill half a tank left in her... same tyres too!"

I filled my car up at 702.6 miles on the dash.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Nice work Mark, I have an E200 Komp, 22 mpg, fookin killin me, time for a change I reckons!!

Anyone have any idea of real-life MPG of the 04/05 accord diesel mpg??

Advertisement