Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hero WiFi

• 23-03-2010 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else having problems using the hero on wifi? I am sitting right beside my router and the hero constantly drops the connection. This has been happening for a while but is driving me mad today:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Your Wifi channel might be congested (other routers and wireless devices sharing the same channel).

Download wifi analyser from the Android market, turn on wifi on your phone, and see if there are (m)any other devices on the same channel as your router.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭mossie

Mr E wrote: »
    Your Wifi channel might be congested (other routers and wireless devices sharing the same channel).

Download wifi analyser from the Android market, turn on wifi on your phone, and see if there are (m)any other devices on the same channel as your router.

Thanks. Will try.

Edit. Did this and the only thing using the channel is the router. My laptop is turned off and the nearest house with wifi is probably 100 feet away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Then I've got nothing else, sorry. :)

How strong is the signal (i.e. how high is the curve in wifi analyser?)

I had a similar issue to you last week (my internet was dropping randomly), and it was caused by a congested channel. I was told that some devices don't show up in wifi analyser.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭mossie

Mr E wrote: »
    Then I've got nothing else, sorry. :)

How strong is the signal (i.e. how high is the curve in wifi analyser?)

I had a similar issue to you last week (my internet was dropping randomly), and it was caused by a congested channel. I was told that some devices don't show up in wifi analyser.

Thanks. Signal is very strong. I did find out my (new) router was broadcasting two ssid's, the regular wpa protected one and a guest ssid on the same channel. I disabled the guest ssid and it seems to be working a little better.

Advertisement