Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Passat 170bhp sport

• 23-03-2010 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭

Im thinking of getting the modified diesel passat with 170 bhp and lowered suspension. Are they faster than the normal one.

I was looking at one in gregory brady motors in lisburn. Anyone here know what he is like for aftersales etc..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

SARASON wrote: »
    Im thinking of getting the modified diesel passat with 170 bhp and lowered suspension. Are they faster than the normal one.

I was looking at one in gregory brady motors in lisburn. Anyone here know what he is like for aftersales etc..
    Why change from a 3.0l A8 to a Passat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Its for my wife i had o 07 normal one but was written of last saturday. A8 is getting a bit expensive too. Tax and running costs are colossol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

well an increase in horsepower is not going to make it slower than the normal one :rolleyes:. Lowered suspension, should improve handling in corners potentially making it faster on a track environment, but as your considering a diesel passat, I wouldnt think your too concerned with grip and g levels in the corners.....

I havent heard any horror stoies or any stories of anyone whos bout from him (I have family in Lisburn).

If you do trade in a decent car (albiet a diesel) for a remapped passat......
    Please dont go on about it like its the best car ever on the forum as there are to many culchies (I love ppl form the country just not the disel VAG heads!) who do this and make themselves look like complete numpties!

well an increase in horsepower is not going to make it slower than the normal one :rolleyes:. Lowered suspension, should improve handling in corners potentially making it faster on a track environment, but as your considering a diesel passat, I wouldnt think your too concerned with grip and g levels in the corners.....

I havent heard any horror stoies or any stories of anyone whos bout from him (I have family in Lisburn).

If you do trade in a decent car (albiet a diesel) for a remapped passat......
    Please dont go on about it like its the best car ever on the forum as there are to many culchies (I love ppl form the country just not the disel VAG heads!) who do this and make themselves look like complete numpties!

IM not wasting my time replying to that id prefer if you would delete your post. If you think their is to much culchies you should look for a forum specific to inner city type people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

lmao.

That told you stealthy.

What he means is that there are too many people in this country that think TDi's are the greatest and fastest thing ever.

Why is this in the modified cars section anyway. Isn't everything you are buying standard issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

TDI

(Not for the fainthearted)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

She a Red I or a Red D and I? Makes a massive difference come resale. Make sure to check it out before ou buy.

She a Red I or a Red D and I? Makes a massive difference come resale. Make sure to check it out before ou buy.

Thanks drummerboy at least someone has savvy....

Considering its for your wife, isn't the important question, what colour is it and how big is the boot?

Am I right or am I right? eh?

IM not wasting my time replying to that id prefer if you would delete your post. If you think their is to much culchies you should look for a forum specific to inner city type people

It was just a small request with a please in front of it (really for you own dignity tbh!) :D

Other than a remap and lowering, does it have any other mods?
    TDI

(Not for the fainthearted)

LMFAO!

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    Considering its for your wife, isn't the important question, what colour is it and how big is the boot?

Am I right or am I right? eh?

She had a 07 already but it was the 105 only. Your correct must be pearl black and have every extra. I want to know has anyone any experiences buying of the named dealer. You cant but these cars down here their as scarce as hens teeth.

You'd probably get better answers in the main motors forum than here tbh.

She had a 07 already but it was the 105 only. Your correct must be pearl black and have every extra. I want to know has anyone any experiences buying of the named dealer. You cant but these cars down here their as scarce as hens teeth.

More likely get a better response on a specific dealer on the main motors forum. (or a Nothern Irish motoring forum)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Quazzie wrote: »
    You'd probably get better answers in the main motors forum than here tbh.

Agreed this isn't gonna go anywhere here.

Closed.

If you want it moved to the main motors forum pm me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement