Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

haunted hotel?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Kepti

greetings I'm not 100% but think its on the road from strandhill to ransboro but not sure where. I had easky in my head but was told the above. It must not be visible from the main road or I would have seen it.

I heard about the place years ago. We went looking for it around that area for a laugh, but couldn't find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭the_dark_side

maybe the spirits could all be moved into one of the ghost estates in Sligo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Yeah, it's definitely out around Ransboro. Between the church and Strandhill. If you turn down to the left,heading to Strandhill, close enough to Breeogue pottery.

Have mentioned it to a couple of mates and would love to head down there for a night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Pete M. wrote: »
    Yeah, it's definitely out around Ransboro. Between the church and Strandhill. If you turn down to the left,heading to Strandhill, close enough to Breeogue pottery.

Have mentioned it to a couple of mates and would love to head down there for a night.
    Is that mullaney?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Nope, no Mullaney here friend, just another dude with a poltergeist fascination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭buckasssailor

the hotel was an old mental hospital so i suppose there could very well be spirits in it
    hence the road name ``mental hospital road``

Pete M. wrote: »
    Nope, no Mullaney here friend, just another dude with a poltergeist fascination.
    Ah sorry,thought it may have been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭businessboy

worked in said hotel for 2 years when it first opened. never had any strange experiences nor did any other staff as far as im aware.

no offence to anyone but i think the minute anyone mentions that it was an old mental hospital, people start having "strange feelings etc etc."

also regarding:
    the hotel was an old mental hospital so i suppose there could very well be spirits in it
    hence the road name ``mental hospital road``

its been named Clarion Road for quite some time now. and as far as sections of rooms being closed off due to customer experiences i find this highly unlikely, but i'm open to correction on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭buckasssailor

i know it clarion road now but that what it was

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

love this thread. lol.
    years back there was a skateboard ramp built in this place. handy place to go get away from the rain and skate back in the day. it was a truely creepy place to be though. personally i loved it and would explore it endlessly. it was the kind of place where you would get a tingling on the back of your neck and would try be extra quiet for no reason. it was always a very strange feeling place. i brought a number of people there, and got some interesting responses from people. one group were interesting.
    i had told them of this cool spooky place that i was going to take them to, the consensus among them was that places are not spooky, there is no such thing as ghosts and it would be a wasted trip. i convinced them to go though. it was broad daylight. we did not go into the basement area. we were halfway through one of the sections on the second floor. the atmosphere was working big time on them despite their previous statements. they were silent, wide eyed and ashen looking. they started insisting i take them out right now! i told them we are in the middle of the structure and that it is 5 minutes to any working exit no matter what direction we go, so we continued on. the effect on these people was truely amazing. they were totally freaked out. they would have run out of the place if they had known the way. i had a great time myself, but then i revel in this kind of stuff. i love unusual atmospheres.
    now the jury is well and truely out to lunch on paranormal whatsits with me, but the atmosphere of desolation and dread in that place was just amazing and i for one am glad that it is still there in some form for some people. i was very sad when they did it up into a hotel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭CityMan2010

Blimey I though u were talking about Seafield House there...i was thinking..very brave...Clarion House...brave..but not as...love the thread...good job the "moderators" didnt close it down due to lack of purpose....I wonder did North West Art ever get a reply?

love this thread. lol.
    years back there was a skateboard ramp built in this place. handy place to go get away from the rain and skate back in the day. it was a truely creepy place to be though. personally i loved it and would explore it endlessly. it was the kind of place where you would get a tingling on the back of your neck and would try be extra quiet for no reason. it was always a very strange feeling place. i brought a number of people there, and got some interesting responses from people. one group were interesting.
    i had told them of this cool spooky place that i was going to take them to, the consensus among them was that places are not spooky, there is no such thing as ghosts and it would be a wasted trip. i convinced them to go though. it was broad daylight. we did not go into the basement area. we were halfway through one of the sections on the second floor. the atmosphere was working big time on them despite their previous statements. they were silent, wide eyed and ashen looking. they started insisting i take them out right now! i told them we are in the middle of the structure and that it is 5 minutes to any working exit no matter what direction we go, so we continued on. the effect on these people was truely amazing. they were totally freaked out. they would have run out of the place if they had known the way. i had a great time myself, but then i revel in this kind of stuff. i love unusual atmospheres.
    now the jury is well and truely out to lunch on paranormal whatsits with me, but the atmosphere of desolation and dread in that place was just amazing and i for one am glad that it is still there in some form for some people. i was very sad when they did it up into a hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭fionntan g

magnumlady wrote: »
    That's what I wondered, I know it's in Strandhill somewhere but that's all I know.

its in a place called lisheen on the strandhill road comming from ransboro,theres a football pitch right beside it,we used to play our home games for ballisodare soccer there while our pitch was gettin renovated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

Blimey I though u were talking about Seafield House there...i was thinking..very brave...Clarion House...brave..but not as...love the thread...good job the "moderators" didnt close it down due to lack of purpose....I wonder did North West Art ever get a reply?

nope, never did... and not expecting one either. I have been on a few threads that deal with alledged hauntings, there never seems to be a problem. Im actually going to book into the hotel again sometime and stay in the area that people are reporting strange activity from... I might even bring a ouija board! I have stayed there a few times before and personally haven't experienced anything unusual, I did spend a bit of time in the bar before hitting the hay right enough...

Is that the pitch that Coolera rovers play on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

fionntan g wrote: »
    its in a place called lisheen on the strandhill road comming from ransboro,theres a football pitch right beside it,we used to play our home games for ballisodare soccer there while our pitch was gettin renovated

Thanks, I'd love to have a look and bring the camera.....but I'm scared lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭CityMan2010

Visited the house, with group of kids...but it is quite a bit away from the road and didnt want to trespass on private lands, so only viewed the house from a distance. Probably wise move....

Coming from Ballisadare, when you have just completed the long straight drive and approached the sea, its the first turn on your left...maybe there is a better way to approach/gain access to the house...but for now, Im keeping my distance...

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Isn't there also an abandoned old estate somewhere in the Sreen/Dromore West area? Can't recall the exact location but remember being told stories of it when I was younger..

Eddie Ere wrote: »
    Isn't there also an abandoned old estate somewhere in the Sreen/Dromore West area? Can't recall the exact location but remember being told stories of it when I was younger..

yeah i think i know where youre on about,its more near castleconnor,was an old prison in famine time i think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

fionntan g wrote: »
    yeah i think i know where youre on about,its more near castleconnor,was an old prison in famine time i think

are you thinking about the old workhouse on the left as you go from sligo to ballina?

that's a private house now. well part of the central building has been converted into a dwelling, some of the outbuildings are a studio.

artyeva wrote: »
    are you thinking about the old workhouse on the left as you go from sligo to ballina?

that's a private house now. well part of the central building has been converted into a dwelling, some of the outbuildings are a studio.

could be,place was an absolute ruin though,didnt think it was do-up-able

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

yeah, it's deceiving alright. their dwelling bit is surrounded by the perimeter walls though so i suppose you wouldn't see it from the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Costadelrio

In college in Sligo for the last 3 years.. Heard some spooky stories......!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Share a few of them with us, Costadelrio?

I like a good spook story.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

In college in Sligo for the last 3 years.. Heard some spooky stories......!!

3 years in college, last post before yours 3 years ago.

Mmmmmmmmmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

irish-stew wrote: »

Mmmmmmmmmmm.

Are you eating one of them Tayto choc bars?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

irish-stew wrote: »

Mmmmmmmmmmm.

It is indeed a coencident coinsidense coincedence mystery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭sligoface

Used to work there and the night porters, who were quite unflappable eastern European lads, had been spooked in certain rooms and wouldn't go near them. There's a room boarded up that is never used and apparently anything hung on the walls in this room ends up on the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Shimshimminy

I know a person who has worked in that hotel and there is a certain room that when you go in all the drawers are pulled out. He went in, closed the drawers, walked out of the room and back in again within a few seconds and they were all pulled out again. He was nonplussed about it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Never noticed this thread at the time. Seafield is about a mile from Ransboro on the way to Strandhill. At the end of the long straight where you come to the sea, there's an old gate house on the bend. It's private property. Owner is sound but best time to see it is when the gymkhana is on. It's during the summer and takes place on what would've been the lawn of the house.

• Advertisement
Advertisement