Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tegan and Sara

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Can't wait, have my ticket for Belfast too!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭big_show

Cheers for the heads up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

my heart just dropped, I thought I'd out of the country! But I leave on the 16th, phew! have they ever palyed Dublin before?? Sooo excited!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

dearg lady wrote: »
    my heart just dropped, I thought I'd out of the country! But I leave on the 16th, phew! have they ever palyed Dublin before?? Sooo excited!

They played the Button Factory last year (or the year before perhaps).

Some friends of mine went and they said they were great but the crowd was really really young. I was outside with them before the gig and the bouncers were asking everyone for ID, it seemed a bit like Leaving Cert results night for hipsters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

They played the Button Factory last year (or the year before perhaps).

Some friends of mine went and they said they were great but the crowd was really really young. I was outside with them before the gig and the bouncers were asking everyone for ID, it seemed a bit like Leaving Cert results night for hipsters.
    no way! I musta completely missed that. Ya've put me off now slightly...young crowd, I'd end up killin someone! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭big_show

Sweet!

are you looking forward to the "young crowd" or the gig itself?

:pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Tar: Hey there sweetie, how old are you?
    jailbait: 16.
    Tar: 18? You're first.
    Jailbait: Mom!
    Tar: I like where this is goin'! Giggidy, giggidy, gig-gi-dy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Yeah I know a good few people (including myself) who'll wanna go to this and I'm eighteen so most likely a young crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

im going
    Are they that popular here?
    I got row C so I'm guessing not really!

• Advertisement

Well I imagine standing wuld sell out first? Dunno how many sold etc

• Registered Users Posts: 31 realtinh

agh I'm going....and I'm going to the London and Belfast ones too!! Can't ****ing wait!!! so excited!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Sabbath Lily

Is that not par for the course with The Button Factory? I get asked for ID there every single time I'm there (admittedly not often) - even when the place is half empty. I haven't been asked for ID in any other venue in Dublin for a good while.

Still have to decide on whether I'm going to this - financial problems as ever :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Synney

blah blah blah

Is that not par for the course with The Button Factory? I get asked for ID there every single time I'm there (admittedly not often) - even when the place is half empty. I haven't been asked for ID in any other venue in Dublin for a good while.

I don't think so. Was out a sold out gig there last week, big queue of people there to collect tickets and I didn't see one person get asked for ID.

The Tegan and Sara crowd was very young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 DeeHeadlights

I can't wait for this. It's during my Leaving Cert, which I suppose makes me and quite a few of my friends that "young crowd".
    We're not that bad though, us youngsters. We love the music just as much as everyone else!
    Should be great though, I thought I'd have to go to England or something after what I heard about 08's rowdy crowd annoying them.

I can't wait for this. It's during my Leaving Cert, which I suppose makes me and quite a few of my friends that "young crowd".

Ah don't mind us Dee. We're all just old feckers who wish we were still young. :)

Enjoy the gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭zippygirl

Hey are T&S playing/touring in europe anytime soon that anyone knows of?!

zippygirl wrote: »

Whereabouts in Europe?

They're playing Ireland in June as stated in the first post of this thread.

zippygirl wrote: »
    These are the shows that T&S are playing in Europe this year:)
    got them from www.teganandsara.com

14 Jun 2010 Mandela Hall Belfast, IE
    15 Jun 2010 Olympia Dublin, IE
    17 Jun 2010 PARADISO AMSTERDAM, NL
    18 Jun 2010 HURRICANE FESTIVAL SCHESSEL, DE
    19 Jun 2010 Southside Festival Neuhusen, DE
    21 Jun 2010 Mouson Frankfurt, GERMANY
    22 Jun 2010 Rivierenhof Antwerp, BE
    24 Jun 2010 Roundhouse London, GB
    25 Jun 2010 Glastonbury Festival Worthy Farm, Pilton, GB

• Advertisement

realtinh wrote: »
    These are the shows that T&S are playing in Europe this year:)
    got them from www.teganandsara.com

14 Jun 2010 Mandela Hall Belfast, IE
    15 Jun 2010 Olympia Dublin, IE
    17 Jun 2010 PARADISO AMSTERDAM, NL
    18 Jun 2010 HURRICANE FESTIVAL SCHESSEL, DE
    19 Jun 2010 Southside Festival Neuhusen, DE
    21 Jun 2010 Mouson Frankfurt, GERMANY
    22 Jun 2010 Rivierenhof Antwerp, BE
    24 Jun 2010 Roundhouse London, GB
    25 Jun 2010 Glastonbury Festival Worthy Farm, Pilton, GB
    thanks! Your awesome!

Still have to decide on whether I'm going to this - financial problems as ever :(

Take it as a compliment!
    THey think your younger than you are!!!! Thats AWESOME, no?!!;)

Getting close noooooooooow wooooooo

Belfast tomorrow!!!! gaaaah!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 youngcardinal

I only got tickets for this today, as a last minute thing. But it's for upper circle which is sh*ite apparantly, and the last gig I was there for there was a lad before selling ticket so do any of yous know if he'd let me swap for circle? :(

Tar: Hey there sweetie, how old are you?
    jailbait: 16.
    Tar: 18? You're first.
    Jailbait: Mom!
    Tar: I like where this is goin'! Giggidy, giggidy, gig-gi-dy!

well this was really accurate :p

deadly gig, I was one of the about 3 people that were guys and one of the 3 people that were over 18 too. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

deadly gig, I was one of the about 3 people that were guys and one of the 3 people that were over 18 too. :pac:
    Taking a piss and getting a drink was never easier. Wish all gigs were like that.

Highly enjoyable evening.

Went to jacks and was teh ONLY dude in it, was hilarious...just walking up to the bar and having 4 people just doing nothing behind it, amen about gigs being like that!

do they ever plan on coming to Austria!??!!? I mean come on? VIENNA IS CALLING!?!?!? :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement