Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quote for bathroom re-fit

• 23-03-2010 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I would like to replace my bath, basin, and toilet in the main bathroom. Also I would like a showertray and door to be installed in the bathroom, there is plenty of room. Also a radiator needs to be moved. I will be supplying the sanitary ware. Has anybody got any idea how much I should be paying for this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Hi

Its not a problem to give a very rough estimate. But the thing is how do you compare one quote to another as its not an exact science through the net.

However if you tell us exactly what you want v's what you will be supplying its a good start.

Eg: Do you want a single tap/ Thermo shower/ electic shower / pump / rubbish taken away.

Is there an existing suite tiles to be removed.

You catch the drift

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 JJohn

The bathroom suite is staying in the same place apart from the rad and basin which are swapping places. I want an electric shower put in. I will be replacing any tiles that need to be replaced. I will also dispose of the old suite as well.

So just looking for a average price for labour on replacing the suite, hooking up the shower, shower-tray and door, and any fittings that are required for the job.

JJohn wrote: »
    The bathroom suite is staying in the same place apart from the rad and basin which are swapping places. I want an electric shower put in. I will be replacing any tiles that need to be replaced. I will also dispose of the old suite as well.

So just looking for a average price for labour on replacing the suite, hooking up the shower, shower-tray and door, and any fittings that are required for the job.

Old suite out new in
    Pumped electric shower
    Shower door and tray
    Radiator
    Additional plumbing

Estimated at 1600

Note this is a poor estimated but based on previous work done in simular situations. I cannot tell what tiles will need replacing without seeing the job however I suspect you will need to tile an area of at least 2 mtrs where the bath was. Behind the basin will need to be tiles and the old tiles removed. Depending on how well the tile was done it might need a skim

in otherwords. I would reckon you will be looking at 2.5k for this job in total. But like i say thats without seeing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 hidden

JJohn
    I am having a old shower tray, bath, wc, basin and rad removed and new installed, and electrical shower taken down for a tiler to tile behind and then the shower put back up, i am suppling all sanitary ware and I have got a skip. and the plummer is charging me €500, I did ask a contract plummer in work and he said €700 to €900 (I thought was a bit much) all that said my plummer does not have to move anything ,all is staying in same place.
    My job starts on Monday.

hidden wrote: »
    JJohn
    I am having a old shower tray, bath, wc, basin and rad removed and new installed, and electrical shower taken down for a tiler to tile behind and then the shower put back up, i am suppling all sanitary ware and I have got a skip. and the plummer is charging me €500, I did ask a contract plummer in work and he said €700 to €900 (I thought was a bit much) all that said my plummer does not have to move anything ,all is staying in same place.
    My job starts on Monday.

Yes that is a good price and below normal rate so well done. 700-900 was not unfair.. But as you say its your thoughts.
    Well done

• Advertisement
Advertisement