Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow woman driver on Shannon to limerick carriageway

Options
  • 23-03-2010 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Would anyone else like to share on my severe dislike of that blind woman who drives a 06 light blue Feista at around 5pm everyday on the Shannon to limerick dual carriage way.
    This woman has no L plates and is blind as a bat (glasses, squinting, face against the windscreen) and drives at most 60/km per hour. She has nearly caused an accident on numerous occasions from her going so slow and she seems totally oblivious to this. God help you if you meet her on a slipway onto the carriageway. She is Gonna cause carnage soon.:mad: What can be done? Whats the lowest speed legally you can drive? :confused:There is also a man in a little blue matchbox car, but at least he pulls into yhe hard shoulder.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

A prescription windscreen is what she needs, she`ll be right as rain..........

Seriously...we need more traffic patrols on the raods, round abouts drive me mad, Finnegans roundabout especially...people jumping from the outside lane to beat the traffic then sliiping back into the left lane coming off the roundabout going towards Castle Connell.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TheWarrior

Daithi07 wrote: »
    Would anyone else like to share on my severe dislike of that blind woman who drives a 06 light blue Feista at around 5pm everyday on the Shannon to limerick dual carriage way.
    This woman has no L plates and is blind as a bat (glasses, squinting, face against the windscreen) and drives at most 60/km per hour. She has nearly caused an accident on numerous occasions from her going so slow and she seems totally oblivious to this. God help you if you meet her on a slipway onto the carriageway. She is Gonna cause carnage soon.:mad: What can be done? Whats the lowest speed legally you can drive? :confused:There is also a man in a little blue matchbox car, but at least he pulls into yhe hard shoulder.

Is she in the slow lane? If she is surely she can go as slow as she pleases?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

And some day Daithi, you'll be old too.......!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

TheWarrior wrote: »

What's a Slow Lane?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Berty wrote: »
    What's a Slow Lane?

Indeed, no such thing

Going stupidly under the speed limit should be a prosecutable offence like going over it is, people get frustrated, overtake and then cause accidents. We've all been stuck behind some old biddy,peering out her windscreen and oblivious to anyone else on the road, its maddeningly annoying. I was on the way to Dublin before christmas and was stuck for ages behind a woman going at 40km , 40 fcuking km an hour on a main road, everyone that overtook her was beeping her and she looked completely oblivious, fcuking old bat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I am not familiar with the road but in the US on many freeways there are minimum speeds and you will be done for holding up traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Daithi07

Shazanne wrote: »
    And some day Daithi, you'll be old too.......!

Old....I never said she was old! She looks in her forties actually! Are you that woman Shazanne? Hmmmmm:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

OP - Call into your local Garda station and ask to speak to someone in traffic corp, explain you corncerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

Old....I never said she was old! She looks in her forties actually! Are you that woman Shazanne? Hmmmmm:rolleyes:

No - and I have the penalty points to prove it!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

TheWarrior wrote: »

Not true, in fact you'll fail a driving test for driving too slow its called failure to progress or something along those lines.
    If she could go as slow as she wants there'd be nothing stopping people crawling along busy national roads @ 3 mph or around bends just waiting for cars to rear end them for claims money.

Problem is there is not set limit to stay above it at a Gardas discretion.....:rolleyes:..... great.

Sorce:http://www.cbg.ie/NewCars/MotoringAdvice.aspx?articleid=742

Main reasons for test failure:

CBG has concluded that the below listed points are the main reasons for failure of the driving test, so take a look, and get practicing!

-Not taking precaution before starting the engine and moving off
    -Improper use of side mirrors
    -Road positioning
    -Stepping over the speed limit
    -Clutch coasting (Rolling to a stop)
    -Failure to progress (driving too slow)

Also on the RSA site.....

under "main reason for a test failure"

"inadequate progress at junctions, roundabouts, on
    the straight, and when overtaking"

http://www.rsa.ie/SERVICES/upload/File/ADI%20FORMS/DrivingTest12p%20lo.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

dh0661 wrote: »
    OP - Call into your local Garda station and ask to speak to someone in traffic corp, explain you corncerns.

Or better yet take down her reg and call Shannon Gardai and site her for dangerous driving, you'll need time and date also BTW.
    They wont do anything more than call her with a bit of "advice" but it may be enough to get the message across. It really is dangerous driving so your well within your rights mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

hightower1 wrote: »
    Or better yet take down her reg and call Shannon Gardai and site her for dangerous driving, you'll need time and date also BTW.
    They wont do anything more than call her with a bit of "advice" but it may be enough to get the message across. It really is dangerous driving so your well within your rights mate.

You will also need to make a statement which puts everybody off because then you may have to go to court about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

You will also need to make a statement which puts everybody off because then you may have to go to court about it.

I didn't know that!

Thanks Berty. There have been occasions where I wanted to report crazy driving, I thought it would be an 'advice' scenario not a court scenario, who's going to report anyone if that's the case?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Yea coming onto to Boards to b1tch instead of reporting her to Trafficwatch is definitely the way to go, well done OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Yea coming onto to Boards to b1tch instead of reporting her to Trafficwatch is definitely the way to go, well done OP

Surely Boards is somewhere one can vent...no?? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

OP, it's a dual carriageway; it's not like you can't overtake her...

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭manna452121

Since they changed the speed limit on the Condell road,some people now use the bus lane to undertake people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

KamiKazi wrote: »

Mr "I never complain" on boards. I am so mature :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Since they changed the speed limit on the Condell road,some people now use the bus lane to undertake people.

Yeah, that new speed limit is a balls. Thankfully cars will still be moving at a nice speed (most times). I have no problem with people sticking to the speed limit but if they are only doing half of it, I will undertake them on that bus lane (it might as well be used for something!)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

concussion wrote: »
    OP, it's a dual carriageway; it's not like you can't overtake her...
    It's still lack of progress, and forcing ALL other traffic into the overtaking lane can cause an accident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

theres also some fcukin crazy fast drivers on that road 2!!!

Well reporting her is out of the question as i drive a little bit fast myself. Would not be fair. I tend to think the limit is more of a target!!. I just wanted to vent and hopefully me and her won't collide one of the days.

Millie wrote: »
    Surely Boards is somewhere one can vent...no?? :rolleyes:

Yes Millie...Indeed it tis! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

That road is a load of sh*t. It is really wide and you have two narrow lanes crammed together with all the traffic on them, and a bus lane and two cycle lanes that no-one, I mean NO-ONE, uses. They could have put the cycle lanes up on the green banks at either side of that road, it would be safer for cyclists and motorists alike. MUPPETSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

zuroph wrote: »
    It's still lack of progress, and forcing ALL other traffic into the overtaking lane can cause an accident.

Bollocks...if you can't stop in the space you see to be clear or overtake on a dual carriageway then you shouldn't be driving...now stop stirring :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Well reporting her is out of the question as i drive a little bit fast myself. Would not be fair. I tend to think the limit is more of a target!!. I just wanted to vent and hopefully me and her won't collide one of the days.

Why dont you just ring Trafficwatch and tell them the story. You dont have to give your name.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://www.penaltypoints.ie/driving_offences.php

Failure to drive on left 1 3

Driving without reasonable consideration 2 4

In the UK you can get done for obstruction, not too sure how often it's used here. BUT unlike the UK we are told to pull in to the hard shoulder to let others pass (except on motorways where the line is solid)

PITA bit is that you can legally drive on a motorway at 51Km/hr :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

did anyone notice that the bus lanes signs on Condel Rd near the Clonmacken Roundabout had timed zones on the signs this morning - they were 07am - 09.30am. They were there this morning on way into town and by 11.30am they were gone and back to 24 hour again :confused:. I thought someone had at last seen reason and was making them fully zoned lanes.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭manna452121

When the bus lane was opened,some protest signs appeared with differant views on the lane maybe the guy is back.The new layout at clonmacken seems to be at a standstill for the last two weeks with nothing doing,has the money run out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

If you make a complaint, the garda will probably do nothing, unless you want to press charges for some reason. They may well have a chat with her, if you give them her reg.no. You won't 'have' to go to court unless you are summond, and that's not going to happen in this situation.

Advertisement