Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Boxer or Boxador

Options
  • 23-03-2010 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

My family (me my partner and 9 year old girl) have been looking for a family dog for the past 2 months. W seen a gorgeous boxador on the dogs in distress website, registered our details and made the first step in taking him, in the mean time I read up constantly about boxers and have falling in love with them.

To cut a long story short, we didnt get the dog from DID and now my family just like me have fallen for the boxer breed, I have searched high and low for the perfect one and have yet to find any.

Any recomendations where I could go?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Hermit07

There is no such thing as a boxador. It is basically a made up name for a crossbred dog.

People make up these names to try make their cross breeds look like something special and to con people out of their money.

No reputable breeder would intentionally breed crossbreeds

You could also try dogs trust for a suitable rescue dog where you might find boxer or boxer crosses or else contact the Irish Kennel Club

[HTML]www.dogstrust.ie[/HTML]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

• Registered Users Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

We were in the same situation last year. We wanted a dog from DID but the boxer we wanted went elsewhere and we were told that we were not suitable for a boxer (even though we passed the home check with flying colours). :mad:

I then sent out an email to all the rescue homes in Ireland looking for a boxer. A couple of weeks later we had the most beautiful dog in the world in our house. Despite the usual ups and downs of owning a dog, we haven't regretted our decision. :D

If you want the email addresses, pm me and I'll send them to you.

Good luck! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭qvsr46ofgc792k

Thank you everyone for your replies!

Gophur although I recieved your PM I cannot contact you, problem is you cannot recieve private replies due to some restriction on your account!
    I would love to talk more with you regarding her.
    Can you PM me with your contact details so I could give you a call.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭qvsr46ofgc792k

Thanks for all the help everyone.

Still getting PMs regarding it so just to let everyone know, we have gotte a beautiful boxer on saturday and she is settling in brilliantly :)

Thans again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

gratz m8, good choice, boxers are awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Thanks for all the help everyone.

Still getting PMs regarding it so just to let everyone know, we have gotte a beautiful boxer on saturday and she is settling in brilliantly :)

Thans again

Congrats! Any pics?

Advertisement