Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't like wires, bit OCD

Options
  • 23-03-2010 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I want to get a cctv system for security in my house but am a bit ocd re wires.I do not like wires along the wall or in conduit. It is a tidiness thing

I cannot hack/plaster over. I will get a wireless one but it still has to be plugged in to power outlet. Is there any way to hide the wires or make them as short as poss.?

Suggestions would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Personal Issues > Electrical

You will have to register a username to post in this forum, OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I will get a wireless one but it still has to be plugged in to power outlet. Is there any way to hide the wires or make them as short as poss.?
    Most alarm panels would tend to have a fused spur outlet or similar, that is a plug socket that you can't put a plug in. It would be meaningless to have an alarm that someone could just plug out. Most individual sensors can be battery powered.

The panel can be positioned near where the electricity enters the houses, so minimal messing about.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

how many cameras do you need? is there wireless internet access available? some wireless cameras will link to the internet via a stantard internet wireless set up, you'd end up with a web page that you log into to look at the camera.

wireless cameras still need power either from a battery or from the mains, batteries dont last so most wireless cameras plug into a 220Vac socket but the they dont need a cable running from the camera to the recording box.

Advertisement