Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from soccer access requests

Options
  • 23-03-2010 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭

Since I have joined boards I have been using it a lot to try and get to 50 posts so I can post in the soccer forum, when I finally reached 50 posts i requested access to the soccer forum, only my request resulted in me being banned from the soccer access requests for a month. The moderator Iago PM'd me telling me that I Ignored the access mechanism, I then realised that I needed to be a boards user for a month, a genuine mistake on my be-half, I was wondering of this ban could be lifted, and I wait the week or so I have to wait so I can make another request. I feel a one moth ban for a genuine mistake is harsh, as people get warnings and what not for doing worse.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Hi,

Have you tried PMing Iago and explaining this to him?

Though I do have to say, its mentioned on the first line of the charter in the thread with the title "read this or you will not get access to the soccer forum" and the penalty is spelled out almost painstakingly for submitting an improper request. In all honesty, Iago is just upholding the rules of the forum. and any change to that would be an exception that may set a precedent. The soccer forum works *because* the penalties (no pun intended) are so harsh. Its an emotive topic and so has to be quite tightly monitored to make the forum usable for everyone and not just the loudest or most popular posters.

Its up to Iago and his co-mods tbh but I wouldnt take it personally if the ban stands. Just have patience and enjoy the rest of the site while you wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Jordan Berbatov

LoLth wrote: »
    Hi,

Have you tried PMing Iago and explaining this to him?

Though I do have to say, its mentioned on the first line of the charter in the thread with the title "read this or you will not get access to the soccer forum" and the penalty is spelled out almost painstakingly for submitting an improper request. In all honesty, Iago is just upholding the rules of the forum. and any change to that would be an exception that may set a precedent. The soccer forum works *because* the penalties (no pun intended) are so harsh. Its an emotive topic and so has to be quite tightly monitored to make the forum usable for everyone and not just the loudest or most popular posters.

Its up to Iago and his co-mods tbh but I wouldnt take it personally if the ban stands. Just have patience and enjoy the rest of the site while you wait.

I PM'd him this morning and said I would wait until this evening before I bring it up here, I know I read the charter at the beginning, and I never really took notice of the month long wait, just the 50 posts. I realise that If you make an exception for me other banned users will then be complaining. But if it all possible this ban could be lifted I would be greatly appreicative, I have a clean record up until now and without sounding desperate really want to get onto the soccer forum, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Hey. I've spoken to the mods and I ahve to agree with them, the rules are extremely clearly written and the consequences are spelled out righ there in the first post of the charter.

Myself and the mods feel that it would be unfair to past users who have waited out their month ban to make an exception in this case.

So, as I posted earlier, dont take it personally, just enjoy what the rest of boards.ie has to offer and once the ban lapses, apply for access again. No matter what, you'll be in there for the start of the next season and the banter surrounding the changes coming up to the transfer windows.

Advertisement