Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Design & Development Courses

Options
  • 23-03-2010 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I'm thinking of doing the web design, followed by the web development course in Dublin Business School. I was wondering has anyone done these courses and what was their opinion of the courses. Do they feel they learn a good amount about the subjects, i.e. enough to get a job in web development? The courses do seem short.

Or do you know of a better course to do in web development? I would be open to doing a full or part time course.

Cheers for any advoice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DublinLost

I'm thinking of doing the web design, followed by the web development course in Dublin Business School. I was wondering has anyone done these courses and what was their opinion of the courses. Do they feel they learn a good amount about the subjects, i.e. enough to get a job in web development? The courses do seem short.

Or do you know of a better course to do in web development? I would be open to doing a full or part time course.

Cheers for any advoice.

If you have any experience in design- just do the advanced course. The course will not set you up for employment- but does make you more employable. The course will leave you in a very strong position to set up your own web development company.

I did the course and have a few clients as I work full time too- but if I put my mind to it- I could make a good living from what I learned.

Best thing about the course is the lecturer Damien Kettle his knowledge base on the subject alone is amazing- not to mention his proven experience in the field.

Hope this is of some help-

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Evan La Crey

cool, thanks for the advice DublinLost

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭the_big_kahuna

I was thinking about doing this course (not the advanced one). I'd really love to get in to website design properly - i am self taught at the minute but wouldn't be good enough to work in it. Good to see the course is recommended. I'm still deciding on whether to enroll. €1250 is pretty tough at the minute!!

I was also looking at the distance learning CMIT web design course. Has anyone done this? Its for a FETAC award. Its €350.

Which one would people recommend? Dublin business school course or online CMIT course? Advise is always appreciated!! :)

Advertisement