Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dungarvan Town Council a joke?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Steve30x

So your first thought on moving out was to get a council house? Did you ever have any intention of saving to buy your own home?

So where have you been living between leaving home and getting this house? Were you homeless for thirteen years? That seems excessive really!

Since when has Childers been a quiet area to live in? The house you are next door to was torched, that may have been a clue?

Did they last six years odd each? Did you save a deposit for a house while paying high rent, going without for years to get a lump sum together to buy your own house?

Why would I swap a house I burst me hole saving to buy (and am crippled with a mortgage on) that isn't worth what I'm paying on it, for a council house you got gratis?

To get the job I have now I sent over three hundred CV's out, three companies replied to me. Have you been offered any training or CV authoring services?

So you looked for and were given a house. You accepted it and moved in.
    Now your not happy there and have been offered another house?

I'm failing to see how you've been left down or lied to by the council or the local councillors really.

So let me get this straight. What I have done for those thirteen years is your business? Why?

As to why I have been lied to well the council offered me another house which I accepted. Do you follow me? OK! They promised that house to me. OK? Are you still with me? They also promised the house to two other women. You follow?

So they are lieing to one of the three of us who they have promised the house to.

See I can be rude also.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Deise Musashi

As to why I have been lied to well the council offered me another house which I accepted.

So your on your second council house, a single guy? And your complaining? :D
    What I have done for those thirteen years is your business? Why?

Because I am in part paying for both your houses! Tax income at work there.
    They promised that house to me. OK? Are you still with me? They also promised the house to two other women. You follow?

So they are lieing to one of the three of us who they have promised the house to.

Maybe not, are you sure your not moving in with two women? ;)

Are you going to answer any points raised or stay crying about how tough you have it? Tell it to people paying crippling mortgages on properties not worth half what they paid, or families going to be evicted for being unable to pay! Your lucky you've got a house before the housing list gets swamped by cases deserving a home, families with children to think about for one!

I do hope Joe never sees your ingratitude here, I doubt any amount of "ass-kissing" would help.

So because you are paying taxes and your mortgage is crippling you need to be nosey. Is it my fault you went ahead and bought a house that you can barely pay for? No im not going to answer those points you raised in your previous post because you know enough about me already. The world doesnt need to know what I have been doing for those thirteen years.

You say I am ungreatful but still you wouldnt live here because its not up to your high standards. I could bet its very quiet where you live and you dont understand what its like living here. Also Joe knows my ingratitude here because I have been going to him and meeting with him with over thirteen years.

As for the people who are losing their homes , well I do feel sorry for them and I hope that they never meet you who has an attitude towards people who are looking for help or advice. I do hope they get a house a lot faster than I did. I was very greatful to all the councillors and council when I got this house but I never realised what it would be like living here.

Those people with children will be on a different housing list than single people. There are a few housing lists. Families with children are put on a three bedroom house list , Single parents (depending on the ammount of kids) will be put on a two bedroom housing list and single people are put on a single bedroom house list.

Also if I seem ungreatful what would call those people who are always on the transfer list because they are never happy with the house they are given. I know of three women who have been on the transfer list all the time they have a council house. Not because they are waiting to be moved for the first time but they are waiting to be moved again. One of them is on their fifth house , another one is on their third house and the other is on her fourth house. I know two guys who got moved because his house was cold.

I can tell you now I am a lot more grateful than some people with council houses. Where my parents live two of their neighbours are constantly at the council offices looking for something new to be done to their house.

I know I will be happy in the other house because I know three people there who will be my neighbours and all three of them told me that its very quiet around that area. Once I am there the council will never hear from me again.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

when you are in your new house, will you be taking back the comment about the council telling lies about who was to get the house?

maybe the 2 women you were talking to are telling you lies, and NOT the council??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Steve30x wrote: »
    He doesnt realise what it is like living in this house because he is in a lovely cosey house where he gets no hassle , he doesnt have rats living in his house and all the maintenance he needs done to house and garden is done for him where I have to run around kissing ass which isnt helping.

IOW, he has to pay someone to do it, or do it himself. Poor you, getting it all done for nowt.
    Also there wasnt a Smoke alarm or fire blanket in this house when I moved in here. Granted they put in new Kitchen cabinets and sink and plumbed a pipe out to the shore outside so I could use my washing machine and dishwasher , they put in a new fireplace , they fixed the heating , they installed a PVC front door (which the rain is coming under and through the door frame sides) and they fixed some of the electrics here , but the garden needs to be reseeded because the garden is patchy and lumpy (they promised to do that for me) and they promised to insulate the two small storage rooms behind the front door which they never done.

Sure wish someone would come and do all that for me, instead of having to shell out myself.

Why in the blue blazes can't you get off your backside, and reseed the garden yourself, seed is cheap, and elbow grease is free?

We don't even have the council cut the common areas in our private estate, preferring to do the maintenance ourselves. Your sense of entitlement is discouraging to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

Sorry about your situation, but I do feel its a crazy idea that a single 18 year old fella can put his name on a housing list and and due to input from an elected councillor eventually land a house from the taxpayer. If this is the example being displayed what motivation is there from the young in those estates to better themselves.
    Seems like a poverty trap in a Celtic tiger era or not, no wonder this country is a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

it looks as if the Council have done quite a lot for you steve!!! new fireplace etc!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 seanbl

In any other country in the world you have to get your own house.

It is unfortunate htat you are unemployed but you have no grounds for complaint when you are getting subsudised housing. Get up off your ass and improve your life.

You should not expect a house to be provided for you or a job to be provided for you.

The fact that you waited 10 years for something and then complained when it was not what you expected says it all I guess

when you are in your new house, will you be taking back the comment about the council telling lies about who was to get the house?

maybe the 2 women you were talking to are telling you lies, and NOT the council??

IF I get the house I will take back my comment about the council telling lies.
    Why in the blue blazes can't you get off your backside, and reseed the garden yourself, seed is cheap, and elbow grease is free?

Yet again somebody assuming something that is'nt true. I did get off my lazy backside and seeded the garden myself. I also painted the rooms in the house myself and done some repairs that needed to be done. It amazes me how some of you people make such wild asumptions.
    seanbl wrote: »
    In any other country in the world you have to get your own house.

It is unfortunate htat you are unemployed but you have no grounds for complaint when you are getting subsudised housing. Get up off your ass and improve your life.

You should not expect a house to be provided for you or a job to be provided for you.

The fact that you waited 10 years for something and then complained when it was not what you expected says it all I guess

In the UK the council also provide houses to people (Maybe not in your fantasy world though)

Also as I have said before I have been looking work and I still am and have proof of that. It is a free world with free speech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

...but the garden needs to be reseeded because the garden is patchy and lumpy (they promised to do that for me) and they promised to insulate the two small storage rooms behind the front door which they never done.
    Yet again somebody assuming something that is'nt true. I did get off my lazy backside and seeded the garden myself. I also painted the rooms in the house myself and done some repairs that needed to be done. It amazes me how some of you people make such wild asumptions.

Because you posted them.

I still fail to see how painting rooms in a free gaff entitles you to kudos.

At the end of the day, request a move by all means, but don't come on here bitching because the free accommodation and services provided to you by the local authority doesn't meet with your expectations.

Try going from month to month like many poor sods who bought houses over the last few years and see how you get on. I'm not one of them, but I have far more sympathy for those unlucky folk who are, and who have never complained about their lot.

• Advertisement

So I'm not paying rent? Why is the council taking money off me every week then? Im not getting bins taken by them. Also I said I painted the house because somebody was making an assumption that I dont nothing to the house. I dont know where some of you guys get off being rude and then expect a nice response.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Topic closed on request.

Topic Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement