Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Ram Question!

Options
  • 23-03-2010 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

Alrite lads!

I just upgraded my PC To 4GB Of ram today, and im running Windows 7 Ultimate 32Bit,

Now i don't have the option of installing a 64 bit OS (I Dont have the CD, my friends let me take one of him)

When i went into system it said that ive 4GB (3.25GB Usable) Can someone tell me if theres a way i can make all the ram Usable without installing 64 (I Would if i could)

Anyways, Cheers for the help i get :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Mister Man wrote: »
    Alrite lads!

I just upgraded my PC To 4GB Of ram today, and im running Windows 7 Ultimate 32Bit,

Now i don't have the option of installing a 64 bit OS (I Dont have the CD, my friends let me take one of him)

When i went into system it said that ive 4GB (3.25GB Usable) Can someone tell me if theres a way i can make all the ram Usable without installing 64 (I Would if i could)

There isn't a way. You need 64 bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Alrite lads!

Ubuntu have a 64 bit version IIRC,you could use that,if you wanted to use all the memory

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Alrite lads!

I dont know if Win7 is the same as Vista was, but if it is then the DVD determines 32/64 bit and the key what version, so all you need to do is dl the right 64bit ISO for your Win7 version (OEM/Retail/MSDN/etc) and you could change to 64bit and use all your RAM.

Advertisement