Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom bb without phone bundle

• 23-03-2010 9:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Did a search and couldn't find an answer so sorry if its been done before. Is it possible to get eircom bb without a phone package ? According to their website it is but when I rang to make enquires I was told that I'd have to bundle the bb with a phone package.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,606 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Heckler wrote: »
    Hi,

Did a search and couldn't find an answer so sorry if its been done before. Is it possible to get eircom bb without a phone package ? According to their website it is but when I rang to make enquires I was told that I'd have to bundle the bb with a phone package.

Thanks.

you can get 1mb from them for 25 ish per month, but then you have to pay line rental on top of that, whoch is another 25 per month, their 1mb call package is about 45 or so, which you can get 3mb from others for 40

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

you used to be able to order their business broadband without a phone package from BT, but i'm not sure if you still can.

i contacted business sales and was most of the way through getting it ordered and nobody ever even asked me for proof that it was actually a business (it was a home office), even though i had been a residential customer of theirs on the same phone line for a couple of years.

anyway, maybe eircom business offer the same service to business customers without you needing a phoneline?

might be worth asking them if nothing else.

i changed to UPC before it went through in the end so i never needed it, but its got to be worth a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

By phone package, do you mean a bundles call package that gives you included calls to mobiles, national calls, etc, or is it just line rental that you're referring to? You must have an active phone line, and pay line rental, but you don't need a bundled call package.

Sales people may say different because they want you to pay more money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

jor el wrote: »
    By phone package, do you mean a bundles call package that gives you included calls to mobiles, national calls, etc, or is it just line rental that you're referring to? You must have an active phone line, and pay line rental, but you don't need a bundled call package.

Sales people may say different because they want you to pay more money.

Thats the one. All i want is the active broadband-enabled line so I can use the internet. I'll stick to my mobile for phone calls.

I figured alright they were trying to sell me a package for more money. Typical.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

It's just cheaper to get a package, doesn't mean you have to use the phone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Last time I checked the prices the phone package actually costs (after discount for bundle) around €6 per month for Irish landline calls up to 1 hour in duration.

If you make calls to landlines then it is well worth the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It's just cheaper to get a package, doesn't mean you have to use the phone!

No it isn't. They charge extra for the call package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

House I'm moving to has an active eircom line so should I go for the eircom 7mb at 32e plus line rental or the magnet swift which is a bit unclear on their website. I think its 8mb for about 55e including line rental.

Anyone ?

Advertisement