Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is there any way to recover deleted text messages

• 23-03-2010 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi, as the heading above says, is it possible. I'm with 02 , and I'm on a iphone. Had problems with my phone over the weekend and somehow deleted some very important messages :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sepamu

have you backed up on itunes? if you have then yes, you connect it to itunes and restore from backup. If not, then no theres not....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭hmmmmmm

No, these messages were received over the weekend, and I was away in London:~(. Is there anyway of even getting the numbers that contacted me? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

You can get the number who contacted you by looking at your o2 Bill (you should be able to find it online)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Thread moved to this (Apple Media Devices) forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 susanpastuzyn

Even if you select the option in your phone to delete all content it doesn't really work like that. The data is still just marked as deleted on your drive so your phone will overwrite it. It's done like this on Windows computers as well so you're not sitting around waiting for a while just to delete one message.

Nothing really to worry about too much the data will eventually be overwritten properly. You can save yourself the bother and just don't send anything you wouldn't want people to see. And when your phone freaks out and deletes messages you wanted to keep this is way more of a blessing than a curse! I used a text message recovery tool when my phone crashed and it was the only way I got a lot of sentimental messages back!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Wow, how handy that app would be - if the OP had an Android phone:rolleyes:
    And the thread wasn't 4 years old

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement