Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is a nice telescope to get ? One that i can conect to my laptop ?

Options
  • 23-03-2010 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

thanks a lot

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

A little more info would be helpful, like budget, what type your interested in (please see the introduction to astronomy sticky if you havent already)

And by connecting to your laptop do you mean; a platform for orienting the telescope via laptop (basically a go-to which can be operated independant from a laptop) or using a ccd camera for astrophotography

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

hey folks. I'm also interested. I've never had a telescope before, despite being highly interested in astronomy. I dont really have a budget, nor do i have a good knowledge of build, quality etc. Just a nice beginners one xD

And like the OP, would prefer to be able to connect to the laptop to store logs/screens or something along that orientation

EDIT: and yes, i read the introduction sticky, but to be fairly honest, some terms are confusing to a noob :P

Advertisement