Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cycle courier jobs in dublin

• 23-03-2010 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭

Anyone do this for a job? Whats the pay like? Any places known to be hiring? How tough is it to get a job, and keep it?

Just curious. Love riding my bike, considering getting paid for it..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭steinone

Firstly, really really dont!
    It may sound blunt but its really not worth your while at all.
    In summer it may seem like a good job but winter can be awful, especially in this economic climate, jobs aren't as regular as they were a few years ago and your likely to be payed less than then as well.
    The cost of maintaining your bike and keeping yourself fed alone would leave you with very little take home pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

When I tried to get a job as a courier in 2000, I was told I needed to have experience first, but wouldn't give me experience. I imagine it would be great as a summer job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭SubLuminal

Aside from that though, whats the money like these days and where's hiring?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭steinone

I wouldn't like to give you a figure, you will need to ask someone who is working at the moment(corner of st. Stephens green at lunch weekdays) but as far as I know its pretty bad.
    I wouldn't imagine anyone is hiring, there are quite a few very skilled couriers I know out of work currently.
    But if you want to know again I would ask the couriers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭SubLuminal

Fair do's, thanks Stein :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 whatsham

i worked for wheels for a year, 2008/2009.

i was earning anything from 450-500 for a forty hour week, 9-6 monday to friday with very little breaks.

things began to become quiet near the end.

from what i know nowadays i think its hard to make a good wage.

cycling 500k a week, alot of money goes back into your bike, as things tend to wear and break alot.

great job though. ill be doing it again, no doubt. maybe not in dublin though.

Advertisement