Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flowers

Options
  • 23-03-2010 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

hi getting married soon and am looking for wedding bouquets been queted between 80 and 100 euros for what i like which has four flowers and a little green on it seen these flowers in aldi for 3 euro for a bunch of 10 .was wondering does anyone know of someone who does flowers around kildare who wont rip me off i know some work goes into bouquets but these prices are mad thanks :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Kinna

Hey there,

I worked for a wedding floral designer for about a year and one of these might be the flowers you're thinking of:

white amaryllis

white gladiolas

white freesia
    white freesia 2

white lisianthus

In general, the bouquets are expensive because of the type of flower that you choose. If you insist on having dendrobium orchids and Mt Everest white roses, which are both very pretty but ridiculously expensive, then you're going to end up with a very pricey bouquet. If, however, you chose calla lilies and gladiolas, you'll end up spending a lot less. Every floral designer is going to charge for their time, it is their career after all!

Hope this helped! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭sandra06

hi lovely photos of flowers the ones i want are like large daisys there very plain and really cheap to buy. not sure of there name i was looking at those armilrilos and i understand there exp but the four florists were charging the same price for those as the daisy ones .i know they take a while to make up having to be wired and all but it is only four daisy i after so they work out at 25 euro a flower ouch:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

sandra06 wrote: »
    hi lovely photos of flowers the ones i want are like large daisys there very plain and really cheap to buy. not sure of there name i was looking at those armilrilos and i understand there exp but the four florists were charging the same price for those as the daisy ones .i know they take a while to make up having to be wired and all but it is only four daisy i after so they work out at 25 euro a flower ouch:D
    Gerberas I assume? I'd see if you could buy the flowers somewhere then pay a professional, that way the professional still makes their living, you save a bit but get pretty flowers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Kinna

I personally would be hesitant about using flowers that someone had brought in to do a bouquet with, mainly because I would have no idea how long it had been since they'd been cut, how long they'd been in our out of water, if they had food, etc. Without that information, it's nearly impossible to know how long they're going to last in a bouquet. Plus, florists get their flowers wholesale.

This is a gerbera daisy, in white.
    They come in almost any colour though.

I would point out the obvious price difference and see if I could get one of the florists to go lower. It seems a bit silly to charge the same for any bouquet, regardless of what's in it. I'd understand a base price and then charging extra for things like huge roses and orchids.

Why only four daisies? Do you have a specific design in mind?

hi kinna thats the flower i do have a design prob very boring but its what i like .i try your sugg with another florist and see if i can get any cheaper thanks for your help

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

that is brillant and excatly whats been happening to me thank you for putting it on it brought a smile to my face:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

You could buy your flowers wholesale in the Dublin corporation market.

I haven't a clue where it is -- the boss buys fruit & veg there and always brings lots of assorted flowers as well.

They always seem to be very good quality and are very good value compared to what you'd see in the florists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

hi getting married soon and am looking for wedding bouquets been queted between 80 and 100 euros for what i like which has four flowers and a little green on it seen these flowers in aldi for 3 euro for a bunch of 10 .was wondering does anyone know of someone who does flowers around kildare who wont rip me off i know some work goes into bouquets but these prices are mad thanks :D

Let me come back to you.
    We got married recently and the flowers were provided by a lady from Kildare (think she's from the Clane/Prosperous area; and she was very reasonable!

Will get contct details from my wife when she gets in!

thank you i just up the road from clane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

thats crazy! my sister is getting married in a week and her flowers for the church cost €300 and that includes the florist putting them in the church. A bouquet for her and 2 bridesmaids is €50!!

My advice, is ask people around you, friends, family, colleagues if they know someone who does flower arranging and ask them to do them, will be much cheaper than a florist.

Advertisement