Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new speed limit on the cork road

• 23-03-2010 10:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

just a heads up that the speed limit has been lowered just past the holy cross pub going towards kilmeaden. its been lowered to 80km/h from 100km/h. i only noticed today but my mother said its been like that since last week and i think i saw an unmarked garda car parked at the side of the road today.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

To be expected tbh, its no longer a main road sure, they'll do the same now with the road that goes through Mulinavat...dropping it from 100 to 80

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

If there's no large new sign indicating to motorists that the speed-limit has been decreased, then it's poor form from the Gardai trying to trap as many unsuspecting motorists like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

It has been like that for a few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

if you are coming from Kilmeaden itself there is still a 100kph at the end of Whitfield. can't remember if there are any other signs on the rest of the way in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

gscully wrote: »
    If there's no large new sign indicating to motorists that the speed-limit has been decreased, then it's poor form from the Gardai trying to trap as many unsuspecting motorists like that.

the only form they know is "poor"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

gscully wrote: »

But you could argue that as a motorist its your job to observe signs, if you simply assume stuff your not paying due care and attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

Thats been like that ages now.

They moved the 100KM/H sign down further from the holy cross. I didnt see a sign for 80 so when Ive been driving on it Ive being doing 60, as thats the speed limit coming off all the roads from the roundabout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Cabaal wrote: »
    To be expected tbh, its no longer a main road sure, they'll do the same now with the road that goes through Mulinavat...dropping it from 100 to 80

They already have changed that speed limit - I noticed the 80km sign yesterday evening leaving Mullinavat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Cabaal wrote: »
    But you could argue that as a motorist its your job to observe signs, if you simply assume stuff your not paying due care and attention.

You could also argue that you should be keeping your eyes on the road ahead ;)

My point is purely that if a road has changed in any way, then for safety's sake, all motorists should be forewarned. When a road layout or roundabout format is changed, there are plenty of signs to let motorists know.

Maybe the council used all their budget on those stupid electronic signs :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

sorrywhat wrote: »
    Thats been like that ages now.

They moved the 100KM/H sign down further from the holy cross. I didnt see a sign for 80 so when Ive been driving on it Ive being doing 60, as thats the speed limit coming off all the roads from the roundabout.

yea thats the sign they have changed to 80KM/H. not really bothered about them lowering the speed just would have liked a bit of notice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement