Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock & Metal Radio. 23rd of March

Options
  • 23-03-2010 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭

Alright guys I've got an idea, stolen from another board where it is implemented successfully. This could work and if it did then I think it'd really help this board as a means for people hearing new music.

Using this site 8tracks.com, every week somebody will organise a collection of tracks which will effectively act as a mix tape to be heard by anybody else on the board that wishes to hear it. If you want to host a future mix then just post in the thread of that week and you will be added to the list which at the moment looks something like this.

MAR 23 ride-the-spiral
    MAR 30 Denny M
    APR 6 Motley Crue
    APR 13

So whoever is the first to say they want next week that is vacant, gets it, and the list is updated accordingly.

Cons of this particular site are that you can only skip three tracks an hour, and you have to sign up to it to host a mix. But this only takes a second anyway.

Anyway I will attempt to get things going with my first mix of 7 or 8 songs, and I'll try to deviate a bit.

Well here it is:
    http://8tracks.com/ride_the_spiral/ride_the_spiral-s-march-2010-mix

1) Between The Buried and Me - Mirrors
    Progressive Metalcore, but this is a clean song, and not really representative of their sound but great nonetheless.

2) In Mourning - For You To Know
    Great Melodic Death Metal from Sweden.

3) Obscura - Universe Momentum
    Technical Death Metal at it's finest here.

4) Pain of Salvation - Used
    Brilliant progressive metal/rock.

5) Knives Exchanging Hands - Nothing Says Love Like Attempted Homicide
    More progressive Deathcore with a bit of a post-hardcore influence.

6) The Contortionist - Oscillator
    Deathcore that sounds a bit atmospheric and melodic.

7) Keith Merrow - Pillars of Creation
    One man instrumental, could be described as part of the Djent movement, influenced by Meshuggah and Periphery.

8) Cynic - Veil of Maya
    Progressive Death Metal of the 90's. Might as well end with a classic. :D

There we are, and I hope that this works out. :pac:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Cool idea, I hope this catches on! Sure I'll give this a go sometime, just tell me when :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Denny M wrote: »
    Cool idea, I hope this catches on! Sure I'll give this a go sometime, just tell me when :P

Next week then? Just post the list of dates again with yourself as first and whoever's up for the next couple or whatever.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

MAR 23 ride-the-spiral
    MAR 30 Denny M
    APR 6

Denny M wrote: »
    MAR 23 ride-the-spiral
    MAR 30 Denny M
    APR 6

My bad, I meant when you do it next week. Just make a new thread with Rock/Metal radio and say whatever you want and post whatever state the list is in at the time, and so that continues with each person or whatever.

Ah right, k, I'll need to make a reminder for myself to remember to post this *digs out mobile to set a reminder*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I'll have whatever the next week is, if possible?:)

I'll have whatever the next week is, if possible?:)

Updated. :)

Advertisement