Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No logbook-problems

• 23-03-2010 10:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭

Bought car 2 weeks go.Paid seller money and then requested registration sertificate.He replied that he got the car only for 3 days,and have not recieved sertificate himself.I asked reciept from him,just to be on the safe side.He agreed and gave it to me. At this day car ownership is not changed.Checking online at motortax.ie, but message everyday is the same:no ownership changes in last 3 months.Car is mechanicaly sound,fully seviced(got reciept as proof).Car nct over on last monday.Tried to book test over the phone,but no luck.Once lady hears that i am a new owner,and have not recieved logbook from Shannon yet, ends conversation very quickly.She is asking for chassis number of my car,and she is keep teling me, that this number should start with letter G.But my chassis number start with letter W!
    Tax is over at the end of the this month,As far as i understand i cant tax it either:(.Because legally i am not he owner of the car.Is there anyway to tax car?
    How long normally takes for ownership change?Tried to ring Shannon few times,but they won,t answer the phone.Actualy answered once ,but put me on 15 minutes hold :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

What's your reg and mileage?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

If its an old car, try to find out the history of the mileage. One car I seen had a new NCT. I was checking it out and the ball joints were falling out of it, i mean rotten. So, a few calls returned that the last NCT was a bribery. The one before had in the region of 60k on the clock. The car now had about 55k.
    There could be the chance that it was damaged or whatever, get it checked out by a proper mechanic. If you suspect it was clocked or something, looking at the key, steering wheel, radio, and driver's seat for wear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭Mandzhalas

it 02 mondeo 1.8 pertrol.77000 on the clock. reg 02ww2367

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Your chassis & engine number should end in U25307. Does this match your car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Had a similar situation a while back and had to follow this procedure. Get replacement logbook form from tax office, take the car to a main dealer and get him to verify chassis nbr and stamp the form, take the form to a peace commissioner or solicitor and get it stamped. Return form to tax office and you will get new tax book in 4 or 5 days. Bit of a chore but the guy who sold me the car would not answer calls and said he posted the logbook.;)

• Advertisement

-Chris- wrote: »
    Your chassis & engine number should end in U25307. Does this match your car?

yes it does match.Infact all fords VIN starting with W letter ,because it states manufacturers code

shawnee wrote: »
    Had a similar situation a while back and had to follow this procedure. Get replacement logbook form from tax office, take the car to a main dealer and get him to verify chassis nbr and stamp the form, take the form to a peace commissioner or solicitor and get it stamped. Return form to tax office and you will get new tax book in 4 or 5 days. Bit of a chore but the guy who sold me the car would not answer calls and said he posted the logbook.;)

Order it today;).Today i had to hold "only" 5 minutes on hold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭feelites

Mandzhalas wrote: »
    Is there anyway to tax car?

if u will go to motortax and say that u bought this car few days back and u got stopped by the gardais and have to bring tax certificate they should give u the tax disc and send the logbook to your address within few days

my friends did it twice and it went through without any hassle

Advertisement