Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John Deere 6330

• 23-03-2010 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Have just ordered a brand new john deere 6330. Am i mad?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

if you can afford it and have enough work for it no.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭fiatagri8090

Do my own round baling and slurry. Still 59k is alot of money considering the profit that is to be made from farming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

I bought a New Holland this time last year. 12 months on I feel that it was a good investment (42k). I have the work for it. It has been great for agitating and spreading slurry. Do a little bit of wrapping for hire and it has been a comfort. Have land that's 60 miles away and it was a comfort to drive it over there last summer when an extra tractor was needed at silage time. Its great for stacking bales, I have a double bale carrier for it and it saves a lot of time.

In short, if you have the work for it, its well worth it. If you want to make it pay for itself, you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

not at all. Mind it and it will be just as good in 40 years time.

Will the deere hold its value when you compare to a ferguson or new holland?

• Advertisement

Will the deere hold its value when you compare to a ferguson or new holland?

I'm a blue man, but I think JD would be better if anything.

What model new holland have you got?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Us in a recession,and you inquiring about a new landcruiser,agitator and after ordering a new tractor...:D

Well shur if you have the money,why not?
    There a fabulous tractor to drive...had the pleasure of baling with one summer..

Best of luck with it...Let us know how you get on with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Do my own round baling and slurry. Still 59k is alot of money considering the profit that is to be made from farming.

at 59 k , that must be the premium edition

What model new holland have you got?

TS115, bought new in 2000.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dutchie

How much would a JD 6330 cost you in 2007?

Its standard but that price includes 633 loader, bucket and hydraulic bale handler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

glad to see farming is doing well up there
    close on 13k a year for the next five years
    would love to be able to do the same
    think im becoming a miserable git and finding it hard to part with the notes
    best of luck with it
    a bit of tractor envy setting in;)

are you a deere man yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

are you a deere man yourself?

father had a few one blew the engine other blew up, owed us little at that stage. tend to be more in the red corner these days

I would imagine at least 5k more expensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭BalingMad

I bought the same with loader nd all. Do my own mowing slurry and all the work that goes with that nd farming. I know it's a big price, but there are 3 things to consider,
    If youve the work for it, you can justify it,
    If you've no work for it on the other hand, it is a real comfortable tractor that will last a life time, touch wood.
    And if you,ve worked all your life farming through hard ship, youve earned it.
    Happy Driving nd don't tip a bale back on the roof from the loader, (Ive a self levelling loader now:) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭flatout11

if you can afford it and you want it ... fair play to you
    if it was me...... not a chance .... id like to have 2 to 3 second hands in the yard for 59k
    what you planning on using it for?? ps they are a lovely machine though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 steve30

John deere will always pay off for itself as they are very reliable and it will take alot of heavy work to wear them out

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭countryjimbo

Best of luck with it, they're a very nice tractor to drive.

Does this mean you'll be changing your user name now ? :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement