Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dissertation Technical Interview

Options
  • 23-03-2010 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

I have a Dissertation Technical Interview coming up after the Easter break, does anybody here know what it involves....

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Kat24

Hiya!

I did all this about 2 years ago so things might have changed a bit since then but all I can really say is, know your dissertation inside but, not word for word obviously but know what your talking about when your answering the questions. Sometimes you might have to wing it a bit but just remember they have read your dissertation already and they are expecting a fairly definite answer. When I had my technical interview I was asked questions like...

- What did you learn during the research stage that you didnt know already
    - If you changed a chapter title during the writing, why did you do this
    - Why didnt you cover a certain topic you outlined in your proposal
    - Would you cover the same topic again of you had your time all over again and why
    - Bits and pieces about the primary research
    - Stuff about the topic in general

Hope this helps and Good Luck!! :D

Advertisement