Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removal of piercings for surgery..

Options
  • 23-03-2010 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

Mods, this is not a medical question per se, i just need to know for laparoscophy (sp?) this friday, do i need to remove my madonna & VCH piercing?

There doing it as day surgery ( hopefully) and thru the belly button so surely i wont need to? Im panicking a bit as i cant actually take them out myself and if they do come out, i'm gonna have to pay to get them put back in as i cant see any nice nursies doing it, especially the VCH one!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

As far as I know yes they will have to be removed, yer vch shouldn't close up that quickly though yer lip probably will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

Hmm go to a piercers and ask them to replace it with bioplast/PTFE or do it yourself if you feel up to it :) but don't use metal balls on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

ask the doc maybe?

i was getting wisdom teeth removed during the summer, had to take out my tongue, labret and they asked me to take out everything else. Said i couldn't so they just lashed bandages on em.

Will wrote: »
    ask the doc maybe?

i was getting wisdom teeth removed during the summer, had to take out my tongue, labret and they asked me to take out everything else. Said i couldn't so they just lashed bandages on em.

Did your tongue stay open??? My fear about getting it done is having to take it out for 6 houres at a time when ever it gets done?????? eg.school/work

Also it may seem embarresssing but you should tell them about your VCH and see what they say (also lip if it's healed wont close..)

Did your tongue stay open??? My fear about getting it done is having to take it out for 6 houres at a time when ever it gets done?????? eg.school/work

Also it may seem embarresssing but you should tell them about your VCH and see what they say (also lip if it's healed wont close..)
    As compared to getting it done?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

Yeah guys thanks, im gonna have to bite the bullet on friday and tell them i dont want to take them out, the VCH especially as their not going below the pubic line etc, there should be no need?

Ah shur there was no embarrassment at all getting it done!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

i doubt they will go near the area unless they need to so seems like your vch and madonna are safe, get em to whack a plaster on the madonna if they want you to take it out

As compared to getting it done?:rolleyes:

No but im sure some people do well get akward around these things :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Not really, I dunno anyone that gets shy about their piercings. I have been to have MRI scans done, where they ask about piercings/metal and I had to tell them about my PA, but said it was titanium, so it's non magnetic, and they gave me a little panic button just in case, but it was all good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

No but im sure some people do well get akward around these things :confused:
    If I was ever gonna get me lad done. I would stand outside the place wearing a balaclava and get my girlfriend to try carry it inside so they could pierce it.

• Advertisement

seanybiker wrote: »
    If I was ever gonna get me lad done. I would stand outside the place wearing a balaclava and get my girlfriend to try carry it inside so they could pierce it.
    Ah but not all of us are embarrassed by what we have :P

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

Ah no seriously it wasnt embarrassing, considering it was marked out by a chick and then actually pierced by her fella so its like, 'lie back their luv and think of all the fun you'll have with this piercing'..!!:p

Back onto the subject tho, i'll wear a compeed plaster, ya know the ones for cold sores? over the madonna and put my foot down regarding the VCH..

Advertisement